Rope Lanyards From Beal£17.50 - £24, added Apr/2010, see all Beal news & reviews
Reviewed by Jack Geldard - UKC Chief Editor
"...If you are doing a lot of multipitch sport routes or even canyoning, then these could be a good bet for quick and simple attachment..."
The lanyards obviously do exactly what they are supposed to, they attach you to belay points. The Dynadouble clip has one lanyard at a length of 40cm and one at 70cm, allowing you to clip in to staggered bolts at a bolt belay.
The fact that the lanyards are made from rope adds a small element of stretch to the system that you don't get with a sling.
The lanyards are well made, of a well thought out length and are very strong.
If you are doing a lot of multipitch sport routes or even canyoning, then these could be a good bet for quick and simple attachment.
If you mainly climb UK sport and trad I would say they are a rather specialist investment and you might be better purchasing some slings or learning how to build a belay with the 60m rope you have with you.
The performance specs are below:
A good but specialist bit of kit. Multipitch sport or canyoning fits well with these.
PRICE: For the single Dynaclip, £17.50 (40cm) and £19.00 (75cm). For the Dyna Double Clip, £24.00
- More info on the Beal Website
About Jack Geldard
Jack Geldard is an experienced climber and mountaineer and is the Chief Editor of UKClimbing.com.
He has climbed throughout the world on rocks and mountains both large and small. He holds the MIA qualification and is occasionally seen guiding on the cliffs of North Wales, where he is mainly based.
He doesn't consider himself a gear freak, but likes his equipment to work in a no-nonsense way.
Whilst trad climbing is his main passion, he has decided to embrace training and sport climbing "before it's too late", which has resulted in a massive increase in his... elbow tendinitis.
|£18.00. Dynaclip - Free UK Delivery!|
See this product at the Outside Ltd shop
See this product at the The Outdoor Shop shop
- Reviewed: Mammut Rappel Kit Jan-15
- 8 Common Climbing Accidents And How to Avoid Them Jan-15
- VIDEO PROFILE: Andy Houseman - Alpinist Dec-14
- 5 Ways To Climb Harder On Grit This Winter Dec-14
- INTERVIEW: Ben Tibbetts - The Man Behind The Lens Dec-14
- Petzl RocTrip Report 2014 Oct-14
- Meeting Alex Luger - One of Austria's Top All Round Climbers Oct-14
- Kendal 2014 Speaker Profile: Christophe Profit Oct-14
- REVIEW: Stonesmith Holds Aug-14
- REVIEW: La Sportiva Nepal Cube GTX Boots Jun-14