Click to read about Advertising on UKC
|Lofoten > Vagakallen >|
|Mygga|| n5+ |
<< Wee Beastie
Storm Pillar >>
|240m. The Mosquito) Not a real Lofoten classic but this route has a lot of good climbing and is quite popular. Grass and bushes detract a bit from the overall quality.
1) 4+, 45m. Start up a V-groove in the left toe of the pillar. Step left at its top and climb a bit higher to a belay above an overlap on a small ledge with a block.
2) 5-, 40m. Traverse right across the blank slab to a ledge with a fixed nut. Continue up and right across the slab and into a shallow groove with a small stance.
3) 5, 35m. Climb the easy V-groove to another fixed nut, then step left across a short slab into a crack which leads into a groove with small trees and a belay on the right.
4) 4+, 20m. Step right to a layback flake that leads into the V-groove - the route’s major feature - which is capped by a huge bulging chockstone. Continue up the groove, past bushes, to a small belay ledge (peg belay).
5) 5+, 25m. Climb the groove above to the bulge (peg) which requires some tricky bridging. Continue with difficulty up the strenuous corner-crack and belay on a ledge on the left.
6) 5-, 20m. Walk up the grass above, then climb out right around a small roof. Layback up the steep corner forming the right-hand side of the huge jammed chockstone at the top of the main V-groove, to a good stance.
7) 5-, 20m. Follow easier cracks up to another long narrow and comfortable belay ledge. Peg on the right.
8) 5+, 35m. From the left-hand end of the ledge, hand traverse left along a horizontal crack (peg - very exposed) into another crack and climb up to a ledge. Continue up and left, following a higher crack to another good ledge.
9) 2, 30m. Finish left easily into the shrubbery above. © ROCKFAX|
This climb is in 4 logbooks, and on 1 wishlist.
Good wee route just 15 minutes from the Camp-site. Be careful with the abseils if descending this way, otherwise it's a long walk off from the top.
Gibson27 - AltLd O/S - Jun/12
Hidden - AltLd O/S - 15/Jul/11
dan gibson - AltLd O/S - 02/Jul/09 with helen gibson
TobyA - AltLd O/S - 23/Aug/03 with Dave
Users with this climb on their wishlist are: