Click to read about Advertising on UKC
|Calpe > Penon de Ifach >|
|Same|| 6a |
<< Vía Pany
Vía Valencianos >>
|180m, 7 pitches. This route follows the diagonal ramp below the huge dome leading to the prominent ridge at the top of the Valencianos slab. The climbing is good and the chimney is an ‘experience' but the route is spoilt slightly by the line. Start by a ramp between the cracks. There are some bolts but take a small rack.
1) 5, 20m. Gain and climb the ramp to the right-hand crack and follow this to a stance on the right.
1a) 6b, 30m. The left-hand crack gives a fine strenuous pitch.
2) 5+, 34m. The long, awkward and wide crack above.
3) 5, 20m. The wide continuation now in the main groove.
4) 4, 30m. Wander easily up and right to below a chimney.
5) 6a, 40m. Climb the scoop and crack into the chimney and continue up this to an enclosed stance.
6) 5, 16m. Continue up the chimney until it opens out.
7) 4, 50m. Follow the slab to the ridge. Join and finish up the last three pitches of Valencianos. © ROCKFAX|
FA. J.L.Moreno, Jordi Palas, Santi Llop
This climb is in 4 logbooks, and on no wishlists.
Pown - AltLd O/S - 30/Dec/10
Hidden - AltLd O/S - 25/Dec/05
Hidden - AltLd O/S - 2003
dan gibson - AltLd O/S - Nov/00 with helen gibson