|164m, 5 pitches. E2. A great route up the right-hand side of the pillar. Take a rack.|
1) 5+, 44m. Start as for Pilar de Finestrat and climb the ramp and grooves to the top of a pinnacle. Move right to belay.
1a) 7a+, 30m. A direct start, though the bolts are well-spaced.
2) 6a, 25m. Climb out right, over a bulge, then up a slab to a groove. Follow the groove to a ledge and bolt belay.
3) 6a+, 45m. Up to a slab then the arete. At the last bolt move right to a ledge (belay?). The slab and wall above lead to a cave.
4) 5+, 18m. The pocketed wall leads up a slab to a ledge.
5) 5+, 25m. A groove in the arete leads to the abseil station. © ROCKFAX
FA. R.Edwards, S.Perez 1994. Direct Start R.Edwards 1994
Photo: Summer climbing in perfect conditions on El Diamante (E2), Javi Llinares (Local Policeman, Finestrat)& Ida Wendt (Germany) © M. Edwards