|A sustained outing leading to the classic scramble of Terminal Arete. Start just left of the main central section of Heather Shelf.|
1) 4a, 40m. Scramble up to Heather Shelf and a rock spike at its left-hand end. Follow the groove, forking right at its junction, to reach a ledge. A quartz band on the right leads to a stance below a grass ledge.
2) 4a, 23m. A short groove up and left bypasses an overhang. Climb to the ledge above and belay below a prominent V-groove.
3) 4a, 25m. Step out leftwards and climb the slab until moves back right lead to another ledge above the last belay.
4) 30m. Traverse rightwards to below an arete that is above a quartzy wall. Climb up this to a stance level with the grassy ledge on the left.
5) 30m. Follow the arete, flecked with ribbons of quartz, to a spike belay.
6) 35m. Easy climbing leads up and rightwards to a stance above the left-hand tip of the Great Terrace, below the...
7), 8), 9) and 10) 120m. From here, you continue up the arete in 4 long pitches. The climbing is Diff or less, but it is recommended that you remain roped up unless you feel confident and experienced enough to move together. © ROCKFAX
Ticklists: North Wales Rock Graded List.
Submit a new photo of this climb.