|Normal Route (Il Gobbo)||III+|
|A superb little route that requires a range of climbing styles over its modest length. The rock is solid and the route well equipped. The views from the summit over the surrounding Cadini di Misurina group are superb. |
Start beneath a rightwards slanting ramp just short of Forcella Diavolo.
1) I, 10m. Climb the right-leading ramp to reach a silver ring bolt and start of the route proper.
2) III, 25m. Climb the pleasant slab above aiming for a belay just left of the chimney.
3) III+, 35m. Traverse right into the large chimney. Climb this at the back to begin with, before passing a possible belay on the left wall where you climb the chimney on the outside. Exit left at the top to belay on a good ledge.
4) III, 20m. Traverse back along the ledge and make a large step over the chimney you've just climbed. Climb vertically for several metres before making a stepped, diagonal traverse up rightwards following the logical line. Belay just left of a large crack, directly below the summit.
5) III+, 25m. Climb the crack diagonally rightwards to reach the right-hand arete of Il Gobbo. Exposed but easy climbing along the arete leads to the summit. © ROCKFAX
. A 135 mt route straight to the summit of an impressive Dolomite spire. Follow the North Face/chimney and ridge to the airy summit. Bolted belays. Descent is to make two abseils back down the route.
Fanton and Vecellio 02/Oct/1904
Submit a new photo of this climb.