Rocktype Mica schist
The Pit at Portlethen © Stuart McNeil
Most problems documented in SMC NE Outcrops guide
Mats are very useful as landings are often on big boulders.
Park carefully in village and do not block resident's gates. If necessary, use carpark of pub up the road.
NOTE FROM LOCAL RESIDENT - APRIL 09
I live in the very small cul-de-sac which is the gateway to this climb. Most times there is no problem with parking here but when we have deliveries such as heating oil the driver can not deliver.
There is plenty of parking near the Neuk pub only 50yds up the hill.
So please please be considerate to local residents.
|Great haunt! I'm biased cos' I'm always going down there - no boulder buddies in a Trad kingdom!!
Top five problems anyone?
1. The Pendulum and Pain , Font 7a+**. (The Pit Boulder.)
2. The True Prow, Font 7a****. (Sea Pig.)
3. Shake Your Booty, Sit Down start, Font 7a**. (Sports wall)
4. Slap and Tickle, Harder variant, Font 6c****. (The Brocolli Garden)
5. Cross Over, Brit Tech 6a** (Warm-Up Wall)
P.S. Those hawk-eyed individuals will notice that the 'crimp of the devil' on the sports wall has snapped off!
Crimp of the Devil has now become even harder, bugger! |
Chris(cface!) - 25/Nov/05