VIDEO: Coxsey and Glairon-Mondet win TBBby Björn Pohl - UKC Mar/2012
This news story has been read 9,456 times
After a spectacular show where the assembled climbing stars turned impossible to possible showing what world class bouldering is all about, Shauna Coxsey and Guillaume Glairon-Mondet emerged as worthy winners, proving they were the true masters of all the different styles needed to succeed on the very varied problems of the Tierra Boulder Battle in Stockholm, Sweden.
For both men and women the winner wasn't decided until the last problem. As the competitors could watch each other climb, this was known to everyone involved. To win, you also needed to master your nerves.
Guillaume's win doesn't get less impressive by the fact that he sustained a finger injury on the very first problem, a crimping feast signed Nacho Sanchez. Nacho, who finished second, commented afterwards that his problem was too easy, and that he should have made it harder, and it certainly looked as though he was nowhere near his limit when he casually cruised it.
Not sure if anyone else would agree though...
1. Shauna Coxsey, GBR, 3 tops
2. Mélanie Sandoz, FRA, 2 tops
3. Matilda Söderlund, SWE, 2 tops
4. Tina Johnsen Hafsaas, NOR, 1 top
5. Sasha Digiulian, USA, 1 top
1. Guillaume Glairon-Mondet, FRA, 4 tops
2. Nacho Sanchez, SPA, 3 tops
3. Nalle Hukkataival, FIN, 2 tops
4. Magnus Midtbö, NOR, 2 tops
5. Robert Rundin, SWE, 0 tops
The Tierra Boulder Battle is sponsored by: Tierra, Klättercentret, Core Climbing holds, JM holds, Powerade and Glaceau Vitamin Water