UKC

Feterresso Cycle Trails, Stonehaven

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Banned User 77 12 Feb 2014
Has anyone been?

Looking for a run and haven't visited there yet and can't find maps on line, just says 3 loops available. Anyone any ideas if there are maps at the main car park or length of the loops?
In reply to Mike C:

Yeah that was what I was looking at.. I do the far end of that as my parents place is that side.. but looking for the loops that end.. just going to drive around with an OS map and see if I can work out any loops.. nice site though, some nice ideas for runs.

been up Clachanbenn a few times, lovely little hill.
Tim Chappell 12 Feb 2014
In reply to IainRUK:
Iain--if you're up this way and looking for a partner for something, e.g. mountain biking, give me a buzz if you like. I can't guarantee I'll be available, but I might be.

Just don't expect me to keep up with you if it's a run
Post edited at 12:25
 coachio 12 Feb 2014
In reply to IainRUK:

I'm pretty sure you can do loops as I looked at starting at Drumtochty and going through to the slug rd a few yrs back. Never got round to doing it as I spend most of my time in Montreathmont forest on the other side of Brechin.
Willie Munro 12 Feb 2014
In reply to IainRUK:

I haven't been there recently but the route in from the car park shown is an access route for wind turbines which are being or have now been erected. I think you will still get a good day in the forest though
In reply to Willie Munro:

Yeah, I had a nice 8 mile run, but there's a main drag through it which is basically a road for the wagons heading up. The wind farm is basically between that and drumtochty forest, on the high ground.

Still an enjoyable run as I only used that for a km or 2.

Tim thanks for the offer, just running and off to Aviemore for my last 2 days.. flew over with just running gear. Would be good to meet up another time.

The car park has signs which seem to suggest there's no access but you can park in the lower car park no issue.

TOS 13 Feb 2014
In reply to IainRUK:

If you're in the area again, try looking at the Cosmic Hillbashers webiste for ideas;

http://www.cosmics.org.uk/maps/maps.php

I've been in part of the forest around there a few times, but generally I'd try and head to Bennachie which is further North, up near Insch. Much better offroad running IMO.
Douglas Griffin 13 Feb 2014
In reply to TOS:

Seconded (it's my local hill). Superb/unsightly (depending on your view) network of paths - very popular with runners and mountain bikers.
In reply to Douglas Griffin:

Yeah, my parents place is just outside of Fettercairn, so getting around that side is a fair old drag. if the snow isnt too bad I can pop over Cairn a mount and Clachnabenn, Mt Battock etc is nice.. but it gets a bit bulldozed hunting tracks in some areas..

I'll check cosmics site, thanks for that. Hoped to find a race but the main one is carnethy and have no entry.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...