UKC

pads on a plane

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 sam@work 23 Apr 2024

off to font in a few weeks, always used to drive but flying this time so after some advice on flying with pads on easyjet.

i'm going to strap two together and be under the 275cm combined dimensions.

will i be ok as standard luggage ?

thanks

BAdhoc 23 Apr 2024
In reply to sam@work:

I’ve done this on a couple of airlines now (2020 & 2022 but not easyjey) without issues. I used a large rucksack cover over them to give a bit protection/keep the sit pads safe inside.

Usually have to drop them at oversized luggage. 

Post edited at 14:03
 montyjohn 23 Apr 2024
In reply to sam@work:

> pads on a plane

I have had it with these motherf##ing pads on this motherf##ing plane!

P4riah 23 Apr 2024
In reply to sam@work:

I've flown with pads quite a few times (not with Easy) and have never had any issues. You will need to drop them with oversized luggage though as BAdhoc mentions.

PaulJepson 23 Apr 2024
In reply to sam@work:

You'll probably want to shrink-wrap them or get them in a big duffel as airlines can sometimes be funny about loose straps.

Kevin Winter 23 Apr 2024
In reply to montyjohn:

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who's brain went straight here...

DamonRoberts 23 Apr 2024
In reply to sam@work:

I flew to Barcelona with easyJet. We had 3 pads tied together and basically pallet wrapped in giant bin bags and duct tape. Extras bags were brought along for the return trip which felt like a good bit of planning. 

Only hassle was the complete confusion at the far end when we tried to leave and they had no idea what to do with our giant cube. 

Dunthemall 19:00 Mon

Check the rules, many flights allow "one piece of sports equipment" replacing a normal bag. Bouldering mats are well under the 23kg(50lb) weight limit.

Have flown to the USA with a mat. Do take the shoulder straps and etc off. Wrapped in "bin bags" and duct-tape. Do leave one handle out to tie the baggage label to.

Dunthemall 19:00 Mon

Check the rules, many flights allow "one piece of sports equipment" replacing a normal bag. Bouldering mats are well under the 23kg(50lb) weight limit.

Have flown to the USA with a mat. Do take the shoulder straps and etc off. Wrapped in "bin bags" and duct-tape. Do leave one handle out to tie the baggage label to.

supersteve 20:08 Mon
In reply to sam@work:

Noticed at the weekend Crashpads Fontainebleau had opened on the main street (Rue Grande). Not been in yet but their hire prices in the website look decent. 

In reply to sam@work:

I flew to Italy about 15 years ago without any trouble, although I do realise things may have changed since then!

We also stuffed it with other a tent a few clothes which didn't raise any more eyebrows than carrying a big square block through the airport 

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...