UKC

Chicken Run 2: Dawn of the Nugget

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Lankyman 15 Dec 2023

I can hardly believe it's over 20 years since the original Chicken Run. I may actually have to part with hard cash at the flicks again. There's something about real clay model animation that CGI just doesn't do for me.

Lhod 15 Dec 2023
In reply to Lankyman:

It's available on Netflix as of today. Though of course you may not have Netflix / prefer the cinema.

Looking forward to watching it! 

Siward 15 Dec 2023
In reply to Lankyman:

One of the makers was on the radio the other day and when suggested to him that he might only get five seconds of film from a day's work he replied that that would be a real red letter day. More like a few seconds a week he thought.

Take that bean counters.

OP Lankyman 15 Dec 2023
In reply to Lhod:

> It's available on Netflix as of today. Though of course you may not have Netflix / prefer the cinema.

> Looking forward to watching it! 

I don't have Netflix. Call me a reactionary old fart ('You're a reactionary old fart!') but cinema to me is where films should be seen. I was taken to see films like 'Battle of Britain' and '2001; a Space Odyssey' when they first aired in the late sixties and the whole experience was jaw dropping. Watching on a telly just doesn't make it a proper occasion. A few years later, stuff like 'Alien' and 'Jaws' were electrifying, whole audiences leaping out of their seats with shock. The original Chicken Run was a real laugh with cinema audience reaction.

OP Lankyman 15 Dec 2023
In reply to Siward:

> One of the makers was on the radio the other day and when suggested to him that he might only get five seconds of film from a day's work he replied that that would be a real red letter day. More like a few seconds a week he thought.

Yes, it's a real painstaking craft. I love the old Ray Harryhausen stop-motion films even if some of the dialogue is as ropy as the models. 'Jason and the Argonauts' is a tour de force - the bronze giant, Talos is one of most frightening things I saw on telly as a kid. I wish I'd see it in the cinema.

wercat 15 Dec 2023
In reply to Lankyman:

Not to mention On Her Majesty's Secret Service!  The Lure of the Mountains may well have been stirred in me by that

BoB was filmed with real Heinkels and Messerschmitts/and derivatives

Post edited at 16:56
OP Lankyman 15 Dec 2023
In reply to wercat:

> BoB was filmed with real Heinkels and Messerschmitts/and derivatives

Yes, I believe the Spanish air force helped out with their stock from the Civil War?

wercat 15 Dec 2023
In reply to Lankyman:

I read a book at school the year it came out that told the story of the Battle and the Film production in parallel.  I think I recall that Spain went on using those aircraft designs into the 60s (their own variants produced from the original German designs) and the film project as it was became possible because of the disposal of them.  A unique moment in film making.

wilkie14c 15 Dec 2023
In reply to Lankyman:

Just watched on netflix, as sequels go, it’s a tough act to follow but it ain’t bad at all with lots of refs to the original 👍

Post edited at 19:43
 Dax H 15 Dec 2023
In reply to wilkie14c:

We watched it tonight too. 

The odd laugh but not even close to the original. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...