UKC

England, their England - Debauchery, 1980 (Norman Hull)

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 adamrb 31 Mar 2024

Trying to find this old Notts climbing film (https://www.mntnfilm.com/en/film/debauchery-1980), that seems to go under a few names ('Notts Climbers on the Tor' here: https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/rock_talk/notts_climbers_on_the_tor_class...). However all the links I can find are dead youtube links. Does anyone know of anywhere else I can find it?

In reply to adamrb:

I just read the blurb on the link about Terry Bolger. When Peak weather was too bad to climb on a Sunday, me, Bolger, Steve Read and some other musicians, plus the rest of the Nottingham Climbers Club, plus those in the know like Paul Nunn and Others would meet at the Miners Arms in Brassington for a pre-arranged lock in (remember those). We would get free beers for providing the entertainment, and the place was often heaving. Great fun, Afterwards a select few would relocate back to Bolger’s house to carry on…

Pedro50 31 Mar 2024
In reply to paul_in_cumbria:

Sometime in the nineties I was asked to perform in a piece for  ITV Central news or somesuch. I lead Flying Buttress Direct in fine style. The edited film broadcast that night just showed Terry Bolger failing to follow it and saying "bloody norah" etc in his inimitable style. Happy days.

McHeath 01 Apr 2024
In reply to adamrb:

Seem to remember that this was a Friday Night vid here a couple of years ago, and immensely entertaining. I´ve never been able to find a list of all the FNV´s; do they get deleted after a while, or am I just too old to be able to search properly?

Post edited at 00:46
In reply to McHeath:

The Youtube notice comes up that the account has been closed. And I can’t find it anywhere else by Googling.

McHeath 01 Apr 2024
In reply to Gordon Stainforth:

That´s a shame.

I just had another look here under Videos/Trad/Friday Night Videos; they only go back to September of last year.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...