UKC

Has anyone seen this trailer?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

youtube.com/watch?v=yuz3RI-oMsc&

Is it going to be any good?

dread-i 11 Oct 2022
In reply to pancakeandchips:

> Is it going to be any good?

I think the Matterhorn and the Midi are two of the last great unclimbed European peaks. If the film documents the FA, it will be well worth watching.

TechnoJim 11 Oct 2022

> Is it going to be any good?

No. No it is not.

65 11 Oct 2022

I couldn't even watch to the end of the trailer.

tmawer 11 Oct 2022

Looks like being so bad it will be fun, though I certainly won't be paying to watch it!

In reply to tmawer:

> Looks like being so bad it will be fun, though I certainly won't be paying to watch it!

Yup! Enjoyable cornography!

Barrington 11 Oct 2022
In reply to tmawer:

> Looks like being so bad it will be fun, though I certainly won't be paying to watch it!

Absolutely, the film plot & acting will without doubt be completely s**te and I wouldn't pay either. But when it streams for free; we'll all have a great time sitting on the sofa, beer in hand with a few mates, ripping it apart technically, location spotting & feeling smug as "real climbers".  

Sean Kelly 11 Oct 2022

It certainly paints a very false picture of what climbing relationships are like. And as you would expect from Hollywood it's all stunts. And as for leaping out from the rock, we'll there's dynos, and there's Hollywood! Some nice ariel photography but the storyline stinks. After Free Solo it's all downhill in more ways than one!

Oh it's going to be so bad...I'm going to have to watch.

stubbed 11 Oct 2022

I don't know what this is but judging from the comments I'm definitely going to watch it

Guy 11 Oct 2022
In reply to Sean Kelly:

I take it you haven't seen the Alpinist?  That was after Free Solo, there is still hope for more decent climbing films!

nufkin 11 Oct 2022

I was mostly trying to spot what tools he was using - they looked to have distinct design, rather akin to e-climb's, but they flashed past too quickly to tell.

Could be time to invest in a pair, as an investment, like I should have done with Lara Croft's Rebels

Rob Parsons 11 Oct 2022

Looks like some of the mountain cinematography could be worth watching.

ebdon 11 Oct 2022
In reply to nufkin:

Whatever they were they looked shit for arresting at the end.....

In reply to nufkin:

Or DMM Predators, used to great effect as some kind of archaeologist's tool in "Pitch Black".  Definitely Vin's best film.  

Post edited at 13:31

Looking forward to watching this later in the week. 

For another contender for 'The new vertical limit', watched 'The Fall' last night...it's not the new vertical limit. 

youtube.com/watch?v=5y0R5m3ewQU&

Maggot 24 Oct 2022

Is it just a shite version of the Eiger Sanction?

I hate these American machismo type films.(not ES btw)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...