UKC

Joe Lycett vs Sewage

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Offwidth 22 Feb 2024

I ended up watching this on catch-up last night as it didn't seem especially well advertised. Shame really, as it's classic Lycett political stunt territory: funny, informative, at times surreal and yet still catches some out.

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/joe-lycett-vs-sewage

It comes along with this website that enables you to message your water company to stop awarding huge dividends to shareholders until the problems are fixed.

https://turdcast.co.uk/

Post edited at 09:37
 robert-hutton 22 Feb 2024
In reply to Offwidth:

I remember near me we used to have a sewage farm and a market garden on the same site, the tomatoes and other products was massive and no-one cared less where the nutrients came from.

hang_about 22 Feb 2024
In reply to robert-hutton:

Given the fact that tomato seeds pass through the GI tract pretty well, you wouldn't even need to buy the seed!

chris_r 22 Feb 2024
In reply to Offwidth:

I normally like Joe Lycett, but this show didn't really do it for me. It felt he was aiming for laughs a bit too often, and didn't really dig into the size and scale of the problem in the way that, for example Fergal Sharkey has.

I suppose if I'd been new to the problem, it might have been a more crowd friendly intoduction.

dunc56 23 Feb 2024
In reply to Offwidth:

My money says Sewage with a 3rd round knockout.

girlymonkey 23 Feb 2024
In reply to Offwidth:

We live in mid Argyll, and the guy next door to us is local born and bred. He tells the story of the school taking them to the sea to learn to swim, but they could only do breaststroke so that they could keep their faces out of the water and push the jobbies away as they swam!! Thankfully, our sea is nice and clean now, but I presume that's just because hardly anyone lives here! The thought of not being able to swim safely in your local sea is horrible 

Lankyman 23 Feb 2024
In reply to girlymonkey:

I remember seeing turds in the Adriatic off Croatia in the eighties. Don't recall them featuring in the brochures.

toad 24 Feb 2024
In reply to robert-hutton:

Do you remember the bean sprout food poisoning outbreak? that was down to sewage and market gardening in close proximity. Raw food and bacteria don't make good bedfellows

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...