UKC

Mingulay climbing film

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rich W Parker 27 Oct 2022

Check this for some inspiration. I had the pleasure of working with this talented young team of film makers.  

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001dhjk

Sealwife 27 Oct 2022
In reply to Rich W Parker:

Watched it last night.  Had been feeling out of love with climbing this past year or so but found the film very inspiring.  

That beautiful route Coinneach led at the end reminded why I loved climbing so much, in a very relatable and achievable way (notwithstanding being on Mingulay!)

Robert Durran 27 Oct 2022

Fabulous and joyous. One of the best climbing films I've ever seen. Says it all really.

Now I want to do Call of the Sea even more........

Stabbsy 27 Oct 2022

Really enjoyed that. In particular, there's a drone shot (I assume) at around 23:30 showing Fifteen Fathoms in the context of the rest of the cliff. I did a route right out near the point about 20 years ago, but had no idea where it was in relation to the existing routes. Great to finally see where we were that day!

OP Rich W Parker 27 Oct 2022
In reply to Stabbsy:

We used a drone to confirm where the routes were, which I must admit made things a bit easier. I’ve thought for a while the best way to prospect Scotland’s sea cliffs is from a boat, how often do you get that aspect as a climber arriving at the top of a sea cliff ferreting around for the descent. 

OP Rich W Parker 27 Oct 2022
In reply to Sealwife:

We were so lucky with the weather, Nicky, lady climbing in the episode,  did a trip to Pabay shortly after and I think it was quite damp. When it’s good or very good!

oscaig 27 Oct 2022

Beautiful film and so well put together. Really enjoyed that on a a damp, grey late October evening. 

Thank you.

Ian

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...