UKC

Reacher - season two - SPOILER ALERT

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 MisterPiggy 16 Dec 2023

Saw the first three episodes of season two of Reacher last night.

Hmmm...

His face is more grizzled, in keeping with the books' character, and his boots less 'construction worker from YMCA video' I liked that.

But the dialogue is clunky; his character timid; and he walks like he filled his diaper just before the director shouted 'action'. And the actor's legs are about 30cm too short and he walks absolutely 'flat': literally no bounce in his step. And, and. And.

I'll keep watching the series, but will sometimes growl at the screen.

Baz P 17 Dec 2023
In reply to MisterPiggy:

He can’t possibly be worse than Tom Cruise in the films. I’m waiting to binge series two. 

Toby_W 17 Dec 2023
In reply to MisterPiggy:

Common, have you read the books, he’s already smashed a car windows in and sorted a bad guy.

I’m loving it, zero thinking, bad guy hitting excellence.  I’ve only watched the first episode (s2) and I’m sure there’s been a head but though he’s not yet mentioned 9mm parabellum or got the girl yet so lots to come

ohhh excited, going to watch the next episode!

Cheers

Toby

if you want a great grown up cartoon check out Blue eye samurai on Netflix, I had to ration the episodes.

OP MisterPiggy 17 Dec 2023
In reply to Toby_W:

"if you want a great grown up cartoon check out Blue eye samurai on Netflix, I had to ration the episodes."

I saw one on a Friday a few weeks back, and binged the season that weekend. I'm so weak... 😂 I do hope that there'll be a S2 🙂

In reply to Toby_W:

> Toby

> if you want a great grown up cartoon check out Blue eye samurai on Netflix, I had to ration the episodes.

I checked this out after your recommendation... Brilliant!

Is there anything similar you'd recommend?

Godwin 13 Jan 2024
In reply to MisterPiggy:

Reacher is my dirty secret, I read loads of intellectual books, but for me a Reacher novel is like a warm bath, and I will not finish the tv series.

The acting is so poor and the lines dull and it's just awful. I have trudged through 7 episodes and I will watch no more it's so dire.

graeme jackson 15 Jan 2024
In reply to Godwin:

> . I have trudged through 7 episodes and I will watch no more it's so dire.

You did better than me. I got to the end of S1 ep1 and stopped. (I have read some of the books and they were ok). 

LastBoyScout 15 Jan 2024
In reply to Godwin:

> Reacher is my dirty secret, I read loads of intellectual books, but for me a Reacher novel is like a warm bath, and I will not finish the tv series.

I read one of the books and thought the plot was dire - too many absolutely ridiculous scenes!

Toby_W 15 Jan 2024
In reply to DubyaJamesDubya:

Well I watched Arcane as people said it was really good.. I thought it was O.K but did not grip me, at all to be honest but other people rated it so maybe worth a go.

I'm no Godzilla fan but apparently Godzilla minus one is really good so that's on my list.

Like you I'm hoping S2 of Blue Eye Samurai is as good as the first!

Cheers

Toby

Toby_W 15 Jan 2024
In reply to LastBoyScout:

They are definitely not to be taken seriously, as someone said, a guilty pleasure ;-O

I do hope to one day work out enough that one of my pecs can stop a bullet though (Tripwire)

Cheers

Toby

Rampart 16 Jan 2024
In reply to Godwin:

> for me a Reacher novel is like a warm bath,

To my mind they've declined a fair bit. The most recent ones (written by Child Jr?) seem to be squarely aimed at people with little tolerance of sentences that might carry across more than one line.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...