UKC

RIP Wayne Kramer

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 aln 05 Feb 2024

Another one of the greats from my generation is gone. 😐

65 05 Feb 2024
In reply to aln:

RIP indeed. I think he's from an earlier generation to me but I eventually caught up. Legend.

65 05 Feb 2024
In reply to aln:

RIP indeed. He's from an earlier generation to me but I eventually caught up. Legend.

cragtyke 05 Feb 2024
In reply to aln:

Damn. Kick out the jams mothers.

In reply to aln:

Brilliant footage of Wayne Kramer and the band here

youtube.com/watch?v=74jS3dW0DtE&

I had Kick out the Jams in the late ‘70s, which actually stands up well now. I have the feeling that if they started playing around ‘76 rather than ‘69 they would have been a much bigger band in the middle of punk. I’m going to pull up the later albums like High Time today and have a listen, but I seem to remember being disappointed at the time. Maybe by then I was listening to Van Halen and Judas Priest😂

Compared to a lot of the American bands at the time, Wayne looks and plays like a ‘modern’ rock guitarist. 

Lankyman 07 Feb 2024
In reply to paul_in_cumbria:

Yes, the sixties certainly have a lot to answer for musically when you look at what was going on at either end of the decade. I was a bit too young to take it in at the time but later, during the seventies, got to appreciate how the music I was mostly listening to (guitar-oriented rock) had built on and developed out of what had been happening in that decade. When punk came along, as a metal head I was bit dismissive but soon came to appreciate the rawness and energy of it and the kick up the backside it gave to the big artists of the day.

In reply to Lankyman:

I saw Motorhead countless times live, even from the early days with Larry Wallace on guitar. They managed to be completely accepted by both metal and punk communities and are now acknowledged by the Thrash 'Big 4' and others as being the inspiration for much that came after. 

I think punk gave the impetus to NWOBHM like Diamond Head, but also I saw Van Halen on their first world tour supporting Sabbath in '78, and we all knew then that everything had changed....

gribble 07 Feb 2024

Thanks for sharing that link. MC5 have somehow eluded me. Very enjoyable"

OP aln 08 Feb 2024

> Brilliant footage of Wayne Kramer and the band here

Thank you sir, that was fantastic!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...