UKC

Worth a watch..

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 coldfell 25 Dec 2023

Slow TV, but a diamond in a sea of dross, bbc 4 this evening - Storyville: Song of the earth. 

The depth and the imagery of this documentary is outstanding, encompassing Nordfjord in Norway - the families who have farmed here for centuries and their affinity to the local environment, glaciers and flora/fauna. Catch it on Iplayer - stunning.

Rog Wilko 26 Dec 2023
In reply to coldfell:

Thanks for the heads up. You’ve sold it.

Pedro50 27 Dec 2023
In reply to coldfell:

I joked about watching The Great Escape and then there it was, we watched the second half, my German girlfriend thought it excellent having no idea of the background. 

Rog Wilko 29 Dec 2023
In reply to Rog Wilko:

Watched this last evening after 3 hours of driving and nursing the first cold I’ve had for years. Perfect watching.

Though seeing that guy 5 years older than me doing very unlikely walks put me to shame. I began to wonder if he was being dropped off by helicopter (unworthy thought).

Clwyd Chris 29 Dec 2023
In reply to Rog Wilko:

I'm just very impressed you are  on your frost cold for years, I've had about 5 bad ones this year alone

jethro kiernan 29 Dec 2023
In reply to coldfell:

Really enjoyed this as a bit if slow TV, thankyou!

Rog Wilko 29 Dec 2023
In reply to Clwyd Chris:

> I'm just very impressed you are  on your frost cold for years, I've had about 5 bad ones this year alone

So am I, as I had my share when I was younger. I don’t pretend to know what clever thing I did to cause this, though.

AllanMac 29 Dec 2023
In reply to coldfell:

Beautiful antidote to Xmas madness. Thank you.

Bob Kemp 30 Dec 2023
In reply to Rog Wilko:

Maybe you just got older... 

https://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/06/science/can-immunity-to-the-common-cold-....

I've noticed this, and I also had my first cold for years - maybe there's a new variant going round this year.

Rog Wilko 30 Dec 2023
In reply to Bob Kemp:

> Maybe you just got older... 

> I've noticed this, and I also had my first cold for years - maybe there's a new variant going round this year.

Very interesting. Looking for positives in getting old is much like looking for the Brexit dividend.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...