UKC

Riglos refuge

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Cheshire Dave 16 Sep 2014
Does anyone know if Riglos refuge supply all bedding? Their website only says "sheets", and having booked minimal baggage with Ryanair, (going early October) intending to stay at refuge, it'd be handy not having to take a full sleeping bag.
 Alfrede 16 Sep 2014
In reply to Cheshire Dave:
The refuge is nice though it is not used much by local climbers who are loyal to the traditional bar next door which is run by a local climber. You are more likely to find yourself sharing with a youth group than other climbers. From memory it is like a normal mountain hut and all you need is a light inner sheet for hygiene reasons. You do not need a full sack. You may be able to hire a sheet but it weighs nothing and would easily fit into Ryanair luggage. The crag is awesome! I lived nearby for five years and it was magical. The new Spanish guide is much better than the old one too so can actually find the routes now! Have fun, Alf Robertson
OP Cheshire Dave 16 Sep 2014
In reply to Alfrede:

Many thanks for that Alfrede, if we go for the refuge we'll bear in mind we don't need to take a full sleeping bag. Do you have any recommendations of alternative accommodation, apart from camping - we might not be keen on youth groups. Not sure that kipping in the bar is an option though!

We camped which was fine. The Refugio was rammed with a school party for the whole week and I suspect that it would have been horrible to stay there. However, the bar has rooms. We met a couple staying there last year and I think they paid about £30 a night for 2 - this may have included breakfast, so a pretty good deal. Plus the bar is cool and is run by some very friendly folk. ,
OP Cheshire Dave 17 Sep 2014
In reply to colin struthers:

Thanks Colin, good to know.
 Alfrede 20 Sep 2014
Ditto to everything Colin says, Alf

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...