UKC

All round harness suggestions?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jonnie3430 08 Oct 2015
Hello,

I am out of touch with the market and appreciate peoples opinions on good kit. Can anyone recommend a lightweight, 4 gear loop harness with ice clipper slots without adjustable leg loops? Simple, light functionality is what I'm after. Last harness was a womens Arcteryx sport harness, though it didn't have the ice clipper slots. I'd also like to try before I buy, so if you can suggest somewhere to try them on in the Glasgow/ Scotland area, it'd be appreciated.
 HeMa 08 Oct 2015
In reply to jonnie3430:

Petzl Sama has 4 loops and 2 clipper slots. So does 'Ryx FL365 or what ever it was called.

I was lookin' for something similar last year and basically went with a nice (and cheap) Ocun sport harness with fixed leg loops. Then DIY rigged the ice clipper-slots. Unless I'm swimmin' in dough, I'll prolly go the same route this time as well. Ocun WeBee 1 would be the tickert and with that "mesh" construction, adding clippers is rather easy.
In reply to jonnie3430:
I'm currently using a Mammut Togir Light (4 clipper slots) and previously used an original Petzl Hirundos (2 clipper slots) both of which probably meet all your requirements.
The Togir Light probably has slightly slimmer fitting leg loops and I find it a bit more comfortable. Go Outdoors now stock Mammut harnesses, so they are much easier to find than last year when only Outside and a few other independent retailers stocked them.
 TobyA 08 Oct 2015
In reply to jonnie3430:

If you like something light and minimalist check out http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=7449 Still using mine a lot and am pretty impressed. Has ice screw clippers slots and 4 racks.
OP jonnie3430 13 Oct 2015
In reply to TobyA:

Cheers Toby, I picked one up yesterday, it has bigger leg loops than the hirundos.
 TobyA 13 Oct 2015
In reply to jonnie3430:

Oh nice! Hope you enjoy yours as much as I've enjoyed using the UKC test one. Mine's grubby now but otherwise still going strong and the pack so small!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...