UKC

C.M. Ice Screw

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Lucy 23 Apr 2001
I recently bought a Charlet Moser ice screw via mail order. When it arrived I found that the lovely grained spiral finish on the shaft between the handle and the actual corkscrew bit had a sort of flat bit where it had not been finished. This hasn't affected the overall shape of the barrel, and I suspect that it is just a finishing error. If anyone actually understands what I mean, as I am lacking the correct terminology to describe the thing, I would be interested to know if they think that this is likely to be a problem, is it cosmetic, or even is it meant to be there?
Phil K 24 Apr 2001
In reply to Lucy: Lucy,the flat bit is just the way the screw is machined and won't effect the performance.Most of my screws,of differing makes,have this 'flat bit'.
Lucy 24 Apr 2001
In reply to Phil K:
Thankyou!
Martin Panton 26 Apr 2001
In reply to Lucy: I'd agree with phill there lucy. My c.h screws have to but as long as the teeth bite well and the thread is deep enough to hold well then fear not.
 Toby 03 May 2001
In reply to Lucy:
They are lovely aren't they, but I'll tell you what, when you are scared and pumped stupid they are not nearly as lovely as BD Expresses!

have fun

Toby.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...