UKC

Favorite Gear Bag?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
dcsevier 03 Sep 2016
I'm designing a new bag for climbing, hunting, fishing ("adventures") for holding all your gear while in the field and when traveling.

What features would you like in it? What would be your dream gear travel bag? Thanks!

In reply to dcsevier:

>>designing a new bag for climbing, hunting, fishing

Which do you want us to comment on? These would be VERY different bags (and there are many different styles of bags within each of these categories).
 ianstevens 03 Sep 2016
In reply to dcsevier:

Blue Ikea Bag does everything perfectly
 Billhook 03 Sep 2016
In reply to dcsevier:

Big enough to put everything in but not too big so I can't carry it all and to save me buying another one, it must be 100% so I can use it in my canoe.

I don't really care about the colour so that should make it easier to design.
 angry pirate 03 Sep 2016
In reply to dcsevier:

Big waterproof drybag with padded handles and shoulder straps and a lovely bright colour to spot easily on baggage carousels and to show the dirt from your adventures. The lomo 65 litre hold all basically!
 ianstevens 03 Sep 2016
In reply to Dave Perry:

> Big enough to put everything in but not too big so I can't carry it all and to save me buying another one, it must be 100% so I can use it in my canoe.

> I don't really care about the colour so that should make it easier to design.

Ah, a man of the lesser-seen yellow Ikea bag
 Andy Hardy 03 Sep 2016
In reply to dcsevier:

Can you make it from sapient pear wood, with lots of feet? Thanks. Saves me having to carry it all.
ultrabumbly 03 Sep 2016
In reply to Andy Hardy:

I'm still waiting for a commercially available version of Big Dog from Boston Dynamics
 bouldery bits 03 Sep 2016
In reply to dcsevier:

Lots of zips.
 Ban1 04 Sep 2016
In reply to dcsevier:

Thick comfy shoulder straps. More gear loops. A rope holder/lashing straps and I place to clip your helmet without it hitting you when you walk. It should be able to stand up by its self when you put it down. I hate racking from the bag when it falls back and it's like taking gear from an ikea bag
 PPP 04 Sep 2016
In reply to dcsevier:

Helmet cover (look at Osprey designs) is a must, but I'm not sure how many fishing men would be glad to see such feature.

There is no do-it-all bag. I moved into a new flat recently and all my stuff fit into all the bags I had (okay, needed one bin bag for some clothes, but that's it). I am also looking at buying two new rucksacks. Tell me that I'm crazy and I'll get another one!
 GrahamD 04 Sep 2016
In reply to dcsevier:

Very strong without loads of features that get broken or caught on stuff. Basic carrying straps
 Trangia 04 Sep 2016
In reply to dcsevier:

Little wheely rollers and a telescopic handle for ease of pulling it......
 d_b 05 Sep 2016
In reply to ultrabumbly:

They are still trying to train it not to chew on car tyres.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...