UKC

ME Diablo vs Morpheus?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Keendan 08 Nov 2011
Hello,

Needing a new waterproof jacket. I was attracted to the ME firelite but after reading the recent thread about Active shell, I think I'll hold off for now and buy a Pro shell instead.

Keen for the most basic and lightweight jacket. I'm slim, so I think ME have the best cut for me.

Any thoughts between the two jackets mentioned, or others I should consider?

Cheers,
Dan
 TobyA 09 Nov 2011
In reply to Daniel Heath: Not much help but I've found ME's cut to be more 'regular' than RAB. RAB seems very good for slim types - I'm reasonably broad but not particularly stocky - and RAB medium is normally too tight on my chest, all other lengths being good. ME medium seems to fit me well (although I haven't tried any of their goretexes so shell could be different?).
 Sharp 09 Nov 2011
In reply to Daniel Heath: I've got the ME morpheus and it's been good jacket. Very light and after some serious abuse it still surpises me by keeping me dry in those moments when it's so wet you don't expect it to.

On the negative side, I don't like the draw cord closures, they're really loose and need readjusting reguarly, especially the hood. You pull the cord tight around your crown and within five mins it's loose again. Also one of the volume adjuster cords broke after about 6 months, my own fault for tugging it too hard.

I'd second what the other poster said about the sizing, to be fair I'm a small in most things but a medium in Rab stuff. I ended up with the medium Morpheus and it's just a wee bit too big with a harness on, fine for walking.

In terms of the pro shell, it's really good stuff and if I upgraded I'd get it again. Performs really well and it's lasted ages, despite a lot of abuse.

Ben
 Alan Dixon 09 Nov 2011
In reply to Daniel Heath:
Another vote for the Morpheous; had mine around two years now, has been excellent and reliable.
OP Keendan 09 Nov 2011
In reply to TobyA:

Thanks, though I think I want something tougher than Rab fabrics (let me know if I'm wrong)
OP Keendan 12 Nov 2011
In reply to Daniel Heath:

Went for the Tupilak II in the end. I was impressed by the cut for someone skinny like me, and the range of movement. Nice to support Outside at Hathersage as well

Good decision?
Dan

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...