UKC

Public Payphone at Derry Lodge

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Slugain Howff 15 Sep 2012
Please note that the public payphone at Derry Lodge NO 041934 will be removed by BT from 27/09/2012. Use of this phone has dwindled over the years as use of mobile phones has become widespread. The line has also deteriorated and is frequently out of service. Braemar Mountain Rescue Association, which funds the payphone and line rental, has taken the decision to terminate the account with effect from the above date. Please distribute this information to any parties you think may need to know.

S
 ScraggyGoat 15 Sep 2012
In reply to Slugain Howff:
On a tangent, I remember rolling up at Bob's one winters night to find two chaps in residence. Before opening the inner door one had shouted out at the noise of our entry, 'that'll be some English c*nts down after being lost on the hill', which sort of set the tone for the rest of the evening.

On hearing the road was passable from Aberdeen one exclaimed with glee 'you'll be getting some company tonight'. Off he went to the phone. Sure enough six lads burst through the door at 0100 with coal, slabs of beer and a ghetto blaster....all of which were put straight to use.........how I wished the phone had been out of order that night!!
Slugain Howff 15 Sep 2012
In reply to ScraggyGoat:

Bob Scott's is not for those of a delicate disposition........
 ScraggyGoat 15 Sep 2012
In reply to Slugain Howff:

Bob Scott's is not for those of a delicate disposition........add the hutchy to that list once the refurb is complete. Those that were too delicate and withered in the cold will now migrate upwards due to the stove installation catering for softies...........

Jangling a rack and letting the MSR rip at stupid O'clock in retribution can be a pleasure.
Slugain Howff 16 Sep 2012
In reply to ScraggyGoat:
> (In reply to Slugain Howff)
> On a tangent, I remember rolling up at Bob's one winters night to find two chaps in residence. Before opening the inner door one had shouted out at the noise of our entry, 'that'll be some English c*nts down after being lost on the hill', which sort of set the tone for the rest of the evening.
>
> On hearing the road was passable from Aberdeen one exclaimed with glee 'you'll be getting some company tonight'. Off he went to the phone. Sure enough six lads burst through the door at 0100 with coal, slabs of beer and a ghetto blaster....all of which were put straight to use.........how I wished the phone had been out of order that night!!

They'll be some of the folk that built Scott's though...........

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...