Buying and Selling on the UKClimbing.com Forums
The For Sale/Wanted forum is for informal trading between registered users of UKClimbing.com who can quickly and easily buy and sell items amongst a highly targeted audience of like-minded individuals. Once the initial advert has been placed, the rest of the deal is up to the people involved, this includes arranging payment and sending the goods between the parties. UKClimbing.com can't offer any support beyond displaying the initial post and all transactions are carried out at the risk of the people involved - please read our Guidelines for Safer Trading and our For Sale/Wanted Forum Terms.
There is no charge for posts for FREE items; Wanted items; or for selling an item, or a group of similar items, with a total value of less than £100.
Please consider the following points when making your post:
- Write clearly the item that you are selling in the thread title. Keep this short since the length of the title is limited, but make it clear so that people searching for similar items can easily find it.
- For most sales the rule is one item per post. You may want to group together sets of similar items (eg. a set of cams) that you are happy to sell individually or separately. You may also wish to group together several items if you wish to take advantage of the enhancements offered by Premier For Sale posts but still only pay for one Premier Post.
- The price you set should be for the total of all the items for sale in the post. Each individual item should have a price in the post as well.
- The price you set for an item is a guideline. If you are open to offers then state this in the opening post but don't price an item at £99 if you aren't prepared to accept £99 for it. Buyers - If you offer on an item priced in the £90 region, and the person doesn't accept the offer because it is too low, then please contact us.
- Postage and Packing should only be charged at cost. This can be additional to the £100 limit.
- Follow the thread closely and respond to questions.
- As soon as the deal has been done post this information clearly on the thread. Please don't email us to ask us to remove the thread.
- Please don't include links to eBay sales no matter what the price. You may include eBay links in Premier For Sale Posts.
- Please don't try and sell other items in the thread. This includes in the opening post and in subsequent replies.
- Please don't try and sell your items on other people's threads.
- Please don't repeatedly 'bump' your threads. If you want a position at the top of the forums then please pay for a Premier For Sale Post. Posts which are repeatedly bumped will be closed to replies.
Premier For Sale posts (for sales £100 or more)
For selling items, or groups of items, with a value of £100 or more, you must use a Premier For Sale Post. For all accommodation adverts for private individuals, you must use a Premier For Sale Post even if the weekly rent is less than £100. These offer enhanced positioning on the For Sale/Wanted forum, you can include a photo of the item(s) or even a YouTube movie if you wish. Your post will stay at the top of the For Sale/Wanted forum for as long as you pay for (£6 for 1 week, £12 for 2 weeks, etc..) and it will also be rotated with other Premier Posts onto the Forums Latest page and the Premier Posts Forums (it will not appear in Premier Posts on other forums).
The Premier For Sale Posts are carried out using the UKClimbing.com Premier Posts system. For this you will need a credit or debit card at the point you make the post. This is a one-off payment which can't be refunded even if the item is not sold so make sure you are sure of what you are posting, and the price you are asking.
Please read the For Sale/Wanted Forum Terms before posting. Any posts which don't comply with the above criteria and the Terms and Conditions will be removed. People who deliberately try to get around the system to avoid paying a For Sale Premier Post charge will be banned from using UKClimbing.com.
Guidelines for Safer TradingBuyers
- Check posting history of the seller by looking at their registered date and clicking on their profile to find older posts. Be wary of those who have no history or who have only just registered (green 'L' next to their name).
- If dealing with sellers with no history then request a reference from them from someone on the forum who does have a history.
- Make sure sellers communicate with you using a landline phone number. This doesn't need to be posted but get it off them before you send money.
- If dealing with large payments suggest doing a part-payment as a deposit.
- Request that communication goes through their work email address.
- Post feedback for successful transactions.
- Establish a history on the forums before you sell gear.
- Don't send gear without receiving at least a substantial deposit.
- Get a landline phone number and check it if trading using deposits.
- If dealing with a buyer who has no history, then request a reference from someone on the forum with a history.
- Post feedback on successful transactions.
Terms and Conditions
- The forum is for use for private trading of personal second-hand goods between registered users of UKClimbing.com only.
- Free postings are only allowed for items, or groups of items, with a total value of less than £100.
- No links to external auction sites should be included in the posts.
- Private trading of goods bought specifically to be re-sold on UKClimbing.com is not allowed.
- Commercial trading of trade goods and end of stock items is not allowed - please check our advertising options.
- The terms for transactions carried out on the UKClimbing.com For Sale Forum are the responsibility of the buyer and seller but they must comply with the UK Distance Selling Regulations (2000). This includes offering a refund for price paid for goods returned within a 7 day 'cooling off' period; and a full refund, including all postage costs, for goods returned because they were faulty or not as described.
- If you use the forum to buy and sell goods, you do so at your own risk.
- Posts made on the forum must not involve anything illegal under UK or EU law.
- Once you pay for your Premier For Sale Post we are unable to give any refund. If we deem your item to be unsuitable for Premier For Sale Post we will contact you and suggest a more suitable advertising method. Your payment may be used towards an alternative advertising method but not refunded.
- UKClimbing Ltd. accepts no responsibility for loss or injury incurred as a result of placing ads on the For Sale/Wanted Forum.
Elsewhere on the site
In British climbing, when we talk about the cutting edge of the sport in the modern day there is one name that will ALWAYS... Read more
Urban climber James Kingston will be on stage at all UK screenings to answer questions about his remarkable film... Read more
The Lakpa Rita and Kriti Tech jackets are a pair of shell products from the Sherpa Adventure Gear brand – the... Read more
The British climbing scene is very exciting at the moment. It is quite clear that as a sport it is developing at a rapid rate and... Read more
Since launching their fantastic Reactive lighting technology Petzl have been producing brighter and longer lasting torches that... Read more