UKC

Sperm donating ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mike123 01 Oct 2023

When I lived in Sheffield I lived in what is best described as a “ lively shard house . Most of the time  everybody was broke . One chap regularly donated sperm and almost always immediately used the money, which was probably given as expenses , to buy drugs . He also tried to persuade other members of the household to do so. At one point he and two others decided to go and . Much pressure was put on me to go with them as the money was to be pooled and the resulting shopping shared communally.  I  didn’t go as I was uncomfortable with the idea of somebody knocking on my door in 20 years and saying “ hello dad “.  The ring leader was convinced this would never happen . Hmmmm….

Ridge 01 Oct 2023
In reply to mike123:

Wait until the child support claims start landing!

65 01 Oct 2023
In reply to mike123:

I knew a guy who did this, oddly he was a student in Sheffield. I think he said he got £20 a pop which seems like a lot (this was c.1990). I never considered it as I wasn't comfortable with the responsibility for someone's existence, even if I might ever know about it. 

I did do a medical trial of a diuretic once when I was seriously broke. It was through people I knew so I didn't feel I was going in blind but it didn't really feel right, though it paid better than anything else available to me at the time. There were guys there who were regulars and snapped up any and every test going. I think sperm donation might be preferable though I'm not sure how many shifts they'd let you put in.

Bottom Clinger 01 Oct 2023
In reply to 65:

> ….I didn't feel I was going in blind…

If done regularly enough, coming out blind is a by-product of sperm donating

Lankyman 01 Oct 2023
In reply to mike123:

In that situation I think it would be a toss up whether or not I donated

freeflyer 01 Oct 2023
In reply to mike123:

This is how to do sperm donation and make it pay (work safe):

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-65429936.amp

overdrawnboy 01 Oct 2023
In reply to Lankyman:

"Build it and they will come" is written over the door of the donation centre near here.

spenser 01 Oct 2023
In reply to freeflyer:

This reminds me of the Random Frequent Flyer character in Hitchhiker's Guide, so named due to regular donations by her father!

McHeath 02 Oct 2023
In reply to overdrawnboy:

A woman turns up at the local blood and sperm donation centre. The receptionist asks her: so, you’re here to donate blood, are you? The woman, with closed mouth, shakes her head: „Mmm-mmm“.

overdrawnboy 02 Oct 2023
In reply to McHeath:

A friend was due to make donation but lost his car keys, he called them to cancel as he could only come on the bus.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...