A mechanical engineer who is slightly obsessed by climbing and mountaineering.
In the summer I spend as much time as possible trad climbing, mostly on sea cliffs in the south west. However, this year I have started to discover the magic of the UK's mountain crags.
In the winter I love being out climbing in the snowy mountains, I often head up to Scotland for the weekend in order to make the most of good conditions.
Best Climbing Experience
Winter Traverse of the Cuillin Ridge in Alpine conditions
Spending a weekend camping below the north face of the Ben and climbing three classic routes with perfect ice and weather conditions
4 days on Lundy in fantastic sunny weather climbing hard classic routes
First HVS onsight lead due to the metal battle to commit to the traverse
Latest Blog posts
Subscribe to this blog as a feed for RSS browsers
- An Attempt at Ski Touring the Cairngorm 4000ers 18-Jan-15
- Morwind – Aonach Mor 30-Dec-14
- Green Gully 28-Dec-14
- A fantastic 2014 in 100 Photos 21-Dec-14
- Walking on the Black Mountain 11-Dec-14
- Sandbagged by my mother in Cornwall… 02-Oct-14
- Lundy Rock Climbing 11-Sep-14
- South Devon Climbing 31-Aug-14
- Rébuffat Route – Aiguille Du Midi 14-Aug-14
- Tour Ronde North Face 12-Aug-14
Articles by alastairbegley
- A Winter Cuillin Traverse Feb/2014
Click to list photo comments written by me. (1 comment)
I've voted for 345 photos, average vote 3.7.
(25% superb - 25% good - 38% average - 9% poor - 0% rubbish)