A mechanical engineer who is slightly obsessed by climbing and mountaineering.
In the summer I spend as much time as possible trad climbing, mostly on sea cliffs in the south west. However, this year I have started to discover the magic of the UK's mountain crags.
In the winter I love being out climbing in the snowy mountains, I often head up to Scotland for the weekend in order to make the most of good conditions.
Best Climbing Experience
Winter Traverse of the Cuillin Ridge in Alpine conditions
Spending a weekend camping below the north face of the Ben and climbing three classic routes with perfect ice and weather conditions
4 days on Lundy in fantastic sunny weather climbing hard classic routes
First HVS onsight lead due to the metal battle to commit to the traverse
Latest Blog posts
Subscribe to this blog as a feed for RSS browsers
- Salbitschijen Rock Climbing 22-Aug-15
- Aiguille d’Orny Rock Climbing 19-Aug-15
- Multi Pitch Sport Climbing in the Rhône Valley 16-Aug-15
- Bernese Oberland – South to North Traverse 14-Aug-15
- A Dream of White Horses 26-Jul-15
- Gogarth Climbing 21-Jul-15
- Birthday Adventure on Lliwedd 15-Jul-15
- Stag Weekend in North Wales 21-Jun-15
- Easter Weekend in Cornwall 12-Apr-15
- Smith’s Route & Tower Scoop 08-Mar-15
Articles by alastairbegley
- A Winter Cuillin Traverse Feb/2014
Click to list photo comments written by me. (2 comments)
I've voted for 375 photos, average vote 3.7.
(25% superb - 26% good - 38% average - 8% poor - 0% rubbish)