I have been climbing for 8 years, and try to get out most weekends. I am most keen on alpinism, trad and winter climbing. I used to live in Edinburgh until recently, so weekend winter climbing was quite easy. I particularly enjoy climbing holidays abroad, and have climbed in Norway, the Alps, New Hampshire, Morocco, Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan.
Best Climbing Experience
Hmm, a few candidates:
* Tower Ridge Aug 05. My first properly long route. We topped out at 4pm, not bad given our lack of experience.
* Alpine Conville Course 2007. It had been my ambition for quite a while to get into Alpinism, so the 3 days learning the key skills of alpinism was very enjoyable. Since then I have used the skills a lot!
* Kyrgyzstan 2010. My first expedition. We headed to a range of glaciated unclimbed mountains on the Chinese border, and made some first ascents. Fascinating for the exploration and culture.
* Winter 2010 - 11 in general. what a cracking season! So many good routes. Smoking the White Owl, The Haston Line, Cathedral Chimney, Tower Ridge, Savage Slit, Eagle Ridge, a new route in an obscure corrie...
* Klucker-Neruda route 2011 (actually, it is more often called the Norman-Neruda route but Klucker-Neruda has more of a ring to it) on the Lyskamm. A big route on a big mountain :)
* Tajikistan 2012, despite the trip ending in failure... (photos here http://www.flickr.com/photos/71640968@N04/)
* Tajikistan 2013, ending in success! http://britishmuzkol2013.wordpress.com
Articles by JdotP
- TRIP REPORT: Second time lucky in Tajikistan Oct/2013
- TRIP REPORT: Torugart-Too, Kyrgyzstan Oct/2010
Interests Outside Climbing
High pressure physics.
Click to list photo comments written by me. (18 comments)
I've voted for 4 photos, average vote 5.0.
(100% superb - 0% good - 0% average - 0% poor - 0% rubbish)
User Profileregistered 16/May/05
Been Climbing For
4 to 10 years
Trad - HVS
Winter - V
Alpine - D+
All over the world
Green Gut HS 4a
Janker's Groove VS 4c
Diamond Crack HS 4b
Congestion Crack HS 4b
Trapeze Direct VS 4c
Chequers Buttress HVS 5a
Bird Chimney S 4a
Fingernail S 4a
Terror Cotta HVS 5a
Edipol! HS 4b
The Rib S
Aged Crack S 4a
Middle and Leg D
Broken Groove D
Chimney and Crack VD
... list all 712 climbs