I have been climbing for 8 years, and try to get out most weekends. I am most keen on alpinism, trad and winter climbing. I used to live in Edinburgh until recently, so weekend winter climbing was quite easy. I particularly enjoy climbing holidays abroad, and have climbed in Norway, the Alps, New Hampshire, Morocco, Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan.
Best Climbing Experience
Hmm, a few candidates:
* Tower Ridge Aug 05. My first properly long route. We topped out at 4pm, not bad given our lack of experience.
* Alpine Conville Course 2007. It had been my ambition for quite a while to get into Alpinism, so the 3 days learning the key skills of alpinism was very enjoyable. Since then I have used the skills a lot!
* Kyrgyzstan 2010. My first expedition. We headed to a range of glaciated unclimbed mountains on the Chinese border, and made some first ascents. Fascinating for the exploration and culture.
* Winter 2010 - 11 in general. what a cracking season! So many good routes. Smoking the White Owl, The Haston Line, Cathedral Chimney, Tower Ridge, Savage Slit, Eagle Ridge, a new route in an obscure corrie...
* Klucker-Neruda route 2011 (actually, it is more often called the Norman-Neruda route but Klucker-Neruda has more of a ring to it) on the Lyskamm. A big route on a big mountain :)
* Tajikistan 2012, despite the trip ending in failure... (photos here http://www.flickr.com/photos/71640968@N04/)
* Tajikistan 2013, ending in success! http://britishmuzkol2013.wordpress.com
List all my recent posts.
Articles by JdotP
Moderator for 2 crags, checking missing climbs added to the logbooks: Breeches Rock, Muzkol range
Interests Outside Climbing
High pressure physics.
Click to search for photos of climbers called JdotP.
Click to list photo comments written by me. (18 comments)
I've voted for 4 photos, average vote 5.0.
(100% superb - 0% good - 0% average - 0% poor - 0% rubbish)
Been Climbing For
4 to 10 years
Trad - HVS
Winter - V
Alpine - D+
All over the world
Sunset Slab HVS 4b
North Climb S 4a
Sickle Buttress Direct VS 4c
The Gutter D
Ladies' Gully III
Matterhorn Ridge VD
Elbow Ridge D
Sphinx Ridge 2
North Rib AD+
Slanting Buttress Ridge Route D
Munich Climb HVS 5a
Mohammed the Mad Monk of Moorside Home for Mental Misfits VS 4c
Central Buttress D
... list all 630 climbs