I have been climbing since 2005, and try to get out most weekends. I am most keen on alpinism, trad and winter climbing. I lived in Edinburgh from 2007-2011 with easy access to weekend winter climbing. Nowadays I have to make the slog up the M6 to winter climb in Scotland, but still do so when I can. I particularly enjoy climbing holidays abroad, and have climbed in Norway, the Alps, New Hampshire, Morocco, Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan.
Best Climbing Experience
Hmm, a few candidates:
* Tower Ridge Aug 05. My first properly long route. We topped out at 4pm, not bad given our lack of experience.
* Alpine Conville Course 2007. It had been my ambition for quite a while to get into Alpinism, so the 3 days learning the key skills of alpinism was very enjoyable. Since then I have used the skills a lot!
* Kyrgyzstan 2010. My first expedition. We headed to a range of glaciated unclimbed mountains on the Chinese border, and made some first ascents. Fascinating for the exploration and culture.
* Winter 2010 - 11 in general. what a cracking season! So many good routes. Smoking the White Owl, The Haston Line, Cathedral Chimney, Tower Ridge, Savage Slit, Eagle Ridge, a new route in an obscure corrie...
* Klucker-Neruda route 2011 (actually, it is more often called the Norman-Neruda route but Klucker-Neruda has more of a ring to it) on the Lyskamm. A big route on a big mountain :)
* Tajikistan 2012, despite the trip ending in failure... (photos here http://www.flickr.com/photos/71640968@N04/)
* Tajikistan 2013, ending in success! http://britishmuzkol2013.wordpress.com
* Kyrgyzstan 2014, despite the trip ending in another failure. We made some truly epic river crossings, trod where few have trod before and ate a lot of shashlik.
* Alps 2015. We climbed so many Aiguilles, ate a lot of pastries and drank a lot of reasonably priced French wine :-D
Articles by JdotP
Interests Outside Climbing
High pressure physics.
Click to list photo comments written by me. (19 comments)
I've voted for 4 photos, average vote 5.0.
(100% superb - 0% good - 0% average - 0% poor - 0% rubbish)
Been Climbing For
11 to 20 years
Trad - E1
Winter - V
Alpine - D+
All over the world
Redeemer's Wall HS 4b
Final Corner HVD 4a
Trundle Groove HS 4b
Forked Cracks VS 4b
The Groove VD
Green Slabs VD
Middle Buttress Arete VD
The Medicine HS 4a
Chockstone Chimney D
The Nithin S 4a
The Niche S 4a
Studio HS 4b
The Crack VS 4b
Keep Corner S 4a
... list all 852 climbs