Passion for climbing, mountaineering and cycling. Trekked in the Dolomites, Alps, Ecrins; Indian Himalaya, Mt Kilimanjaro and Mt Meru. Climbed mainly in the UK (Hoy, Scotland, Peak, North Wales, Portland, Swanage and extensively in the Lakes). Cycled Land's End to John o'Groats in 10 days.
Currently studying medicine at King's College University and president of KCL Wilderness Medicine Society (www.kclwildernessmedicine.co.uk). Previous president of KCL Mountaineering Club (www.kclmc.org). I'm a qualified Summer ML and aim to do A&E/anaesthetics training followed by expedition medical work.
Other hobbies include the piano and cello, listening to jazz and classical music, reading etc.
Email Martin Davies.
Best Climbing Experience
Highlights so far:
- first F7b at Kendal Wall, such a buzz after falling off it a few times finally getting to the top!
- second F7b at Kendal Wall, even better than first one, felt harder and took longer = bigger buzz at top, couldn't believe it when latched onto finish hold!
- first Font 7b, Crazy Horse at Apremont, ticked on 1st day, new skin and fresh!
- first indoor Font 7b+ (V8) at Biscuit, took 3 sessions, super psyched!
- first E1, Central Buttress on Scafell Crag, took 6 hours, what a route!
- first E2, Crack of Ages on Torridon. Such an obvious line, awesome route.
- first E3, Telli at Stanage. Soft touch for the tall, part of a great weekend!
- summitting the Barre des Écrins unguided in Summer 2010, awesome to stand on the top of my first 4,000m peak!
- passing my Summer ML Assessment in Summer 2012, culmination of a year's hard graft and putting hill walking ahead of climbing!
Favourite Climbing-Related Discussion Topic
Ethics, any climbing in the Lakes, mountain medical stuff.
List all my recent posts.
Interests Outside Climbing
Chosen as the Featured Gallery on 05-Oct-09.
Click to search for photos of climbers called Martin Davies.
Click to list photo comments written by me. (10 comments)
I've voted for 275 photos, average vote 4.4.
(64% superb - 20% good - 9% average - 6% poor - 0% rubbish)
Custom Colours for UKClimbing.com
| #b0b0b0 background with #003366 text |
Anything Else We Should Know
Qualified Summer ML
Been Climbing For
4 to 10 years
Indoor - 7b
Trad - E3
Bouldering - f6C
Bouldering - V6
Indoor - 7b+
Bouldering - f7B+
Bouldering - V8
The Biscuit in Bermondsey
Several times a week
In the UK
Mucho papito 6b
Border line 6c
La Discordia 6b
Lo dejÚ to blanco 7a
Chachi Qui Chapi 7a
Juli Vert 6a+
Flors i Violes 6b+
Lazy Day E5 6a
Plumbers Corner VS 4c
Needle Crack (N Route) VS 4b
The Flue HVD
Heaven Crack VD
Martello Buttress VS 4c
Typhoon VS 4c
King's Chimney VD
... list all 389 climbs
Classic Rock 20%
Top 25 UKC Wishlist Rock Climbs 40%
Top 20 Gritstone UKC Wishlist Climbs 45%
Great VS Climbs in the Lake District 29%
... list all 5 ticklists
Ordinary Route HVS 5a
One Step in the Clouds VS 4c
Capella E1 5b
The Great Prow HVS 5a
Amphitheatre Buttress VD
Crackstone Rib S 4a
Main Wall HS 4b
Lunakhod HVS 5a
... list all 67 climbs