Passion for climbing, mountaineering and cycling. Trekked in the Dolomites, Alps, Ecrins; Indian Himalaya, Mt Kilimanjaro and Mt Meru. Climbed mainly in the UK (Hoy, Scotland, Peak, North Wales, Portland, Swanage and extensively in the Lakes). Cycled Land's End to John o'Groats in 10 days.
Currently a final year medical student at King's College University, hopefully qualify this summer, followed by 2 years of foundation training in Preston! Previous president of KCL Wilderness Medicine Society (www.kclwildernessmedicine.co.uk) and KCL Mountaineering Club (www.kclmc.org). I'm a qualified Summer ML and aim to do A&E/anaesthetics training followed by expedition medical work.
Other hobbies include swimming, playing/listening to music, reading etc.
Best Climbing Experience
Highlights so far:
- first F7b at Kendal Wall, such a buzz after falling off it a few times finally getting to the top!
- second F7b at Kendal Wall, even better than first one, felt harder and took longer = bigger buzz at top, couldn't believe it when latched onto finish hold!
- first Font 7b, Crazy Horse at Apremont, ticked on 1st day, new skin and fresh!
- first indoor Font 7b+ (V8) at Biscuit, took 3 sessions, super psyched!
- first E1, Central Buttress on Scafell Crag, took 6 hours, what a route!
- first E2, Crack of Ages on Torridon. Such an obvious line, awesome route.
- first E3, Telli at Stanage. Soft touch for the tall, part of a great weekend!
- summitting the Barre des Écrins unguided in Summer 2010, awesome to stand on the top of my first 4,000m peak!
- passing my Summer ML Assessment in Summer 2012, culmination of a year's hard graft and putting hill walking ahead of climbing!
Favourite Climbing-Related Discussion Topic
Ethics, any climbing in the Lakes, mountain medical stuff.
Interests Outside Climbing
Click to list photo comments written by me. (10 comments)
I've voted for 295 photos, average vote 4.5.
(66% superb - 19% good - 8% average - 5% poor - 0% rubbish)
Anything Else We Should Know
Qualified Summer ML