Passion for climbing, mountaineering and cycling. Trekked in the Dolomites, Alps, Ecrins; Indian Himalaya twice, Mt Kilimanjaro and Mt Meru. Climbed mainly in the UK (Hoy, Scotland, Peak, North Wales, Portland, Swanage and extensively in the Lakes). Cycled Land's End to John o'Groats in 10 days.
Junior doctor in Preston, having graduated from King's College London. Previous president of KCL Wilderness Medicine Society (www.kclwildernessmedicine.co.uk) and KCL Mountaineering Club (www.kclmc.org). Qualified Summer ML and aim to do ACCS Anaesthetics training followed by expedition medical work. Led an expedition for World Challenge summer 2014 to Indian Himalaya. Trainee for Bowland and Pennine Mountain Rescue Team.
Best Climbing Experience
Highlights so far:
- first F7b at Kendal Wall, such a buzz after falling off it a few times finally getting to the top!
- second F7b at Kendal Wall, even better than first one, felt harder and took longer = bigger buzz at top, couldn't believe it when latched onto finish hold!
- first Font 7b, Crazy Horse at Apremont, ticked on 1st day, new skin and fresh!
- first indoor Font 7b+ (V8) at Biscuit, took 3 sessions, super psyched!
- first E1, Central Buttress on Scafell Crag with Tom Hull, took 6 hours, what a route!
- first E2, Crack of Ages on Torridon. Such an obvious line, awesome route.
- first E3, Telli at Stanage. Soft touch for the tall, part of a great weekend!
- summitting the Barre des Écrins unguided in Summer 2010, awesome to stand on the top of my first 4,000m peak!
- passing my Summer ML Assessment in Summer 2012, culmination of a year's hard graft and putting hill walking ahead of climbing!
Favourite Climbing-Related Discussion Topic
Ethics, any climbing in the Lakes, mountain medical stuff.
Interests Outside Climbing
Click to list photo comments written by me. (10 comments)
I've voted for 296 photos, average vote 4.5.
(67% superb - 19% good - 8% average - 4% poor - 0% rubbish)
Anything Else We Should Know
Qualified Summer ML
User Profileregistered 13/Nov/06
Been Climbing For
11 to 20 years
Indoor - 7b
Trad - E3
Bouldering - f6C
Bouldering - V6
Indoor - 7b+
Bouldering - f7B+
Bouldering - V8
Wilton 1 (currently!)
Several times a week
In the UK
Cameo E1 5a
Central Route E1 5b
Ann E1 5b
Dawn HVS 5b
The Crippler HVS 5a
Flaky Wall Direct VS 4b
Via Dolorosa VS 4c
Pincer VS 5a
Pebbledash HVS 5a
The Sloth HVS 5a
Damascus Crack Left-Hand Finish VS 4b
White Wall HS 4b
Caerfai Crack HS 4b
Carn Dearg Meadhonach East Ridge (Winter) II
... list all 520 climbs
Top 23 UKC Climbed Climbs 39%
Classic Rock 23%
Top 25 UKC Wishlist Rock Climbs 40%
Top 20 Gritstone UKC Wishlist Climbs 45%
Great VS Climbs in the Lake District 29%
... list all 6 ticklists
Fastburn E2 5b
Rhododendron Buttress E2 5c
Boadicea E2 5c
Mandarin E2 5b,5b
Fingertip Control E4 5c
Double Trip E2 5c
Wilton Wall E3 6a
Paradox E2 5b
West Ridge ED1
Northeast Ridge (Bugaboo Spire) 5.8
... list all 81 climbs