Passion for climbing, mountaineering and cycling. Trekked in the Dolomites, Alps, Ecrins; Indian Himalaya, Mt Kilimanjaro and Mt Meru. Climbed mainly in the UK (Hoy, Scotland, Peak, North Wales, Portland, Swanage and extensively in the Lakes). Cycled Land's End to John o'Groats in 10 days.
Currently a final year medical student at King's College University, hopefully qualify this summer, followed by 2 years of foundation training in Preston! Previous president of KCL Wilderness Medicine Society (www.kclwildernessmedicine.co.uk) and KCL Mountaineering Club (www.kclmc.org). I'm a qualified Summer ML and aim to do A&E/anaesthetics training followed by expedition medical work.
Other hobbies include swimming, playing/listening to music, reading etc.
Email Martin Davies
Best Climbing Experience
Highlights so far:
- first F7b at Kendal Wall, such a buzz after falling off it a few times finally getting to the top!
- second F7b at Kendal Wall, even better than first one, felt harder and took longer = bigger buzz at top, couldn't believe it when latched onto finish hold!
- first Font 7b, Crazy Horse at Apremont, ticked on 1st day, new skin and fresh!
- first indoor Font 7b+ (V8) at Biscuit, took 3 sessions, super psyched!
- first E1, Central Buttress on Scafell Crag, took 6 hours, what a route!
- first E2, Crack of Ages on Torridon. Such an obvious line, awesome route.
- first E3, Telli at Stanage. Soft touch for the tall, part of a great weekend!
- summitting the Barre des Écrins unguided in Summer 2010, awesome to stand on the top of my first 4,000m peak!
- passing my Summer ML Assessment in Summer 2012, culmination of a year's hard graft and putting hill walking ahead of climbing!
Favourite Climbing-Related Discussion Topic
Ethics, any climbing in the Lakes, mountain medical stuff.
List all my recent posts.
Interests Outside Climbing
Chosen as the Featured Gallery on 05-Oct-09.
Click to search for photos of climbers called Martin Davies.
Click to list photo comments written by me. (10 comments)
I've voted for 286 photos, average vote 4.4.
(65% superb - 19% good - 8% average - 5% poor - 0% rubbish)
Custom Colours for UKClimbing.com
| #b0b0b0 background with #003366 text |
Anything Else We Should Know
Qualified Summer ML
Been Climbing For
11 to 20 years
Indoor - 7b
Trad - E3
Bouldering - f6C
Bouldering - V6
Indoor - 7b+
Bouldering - f7B+
Bouldering - V8
The Biscuit in Bermondsey
Several times a week
In the UK
South-East Flank or Normal Route PD+
Orage D'etoiles 5c
Jardinage a tous les etages 6a
La Rape 6a
Piste Verte 6a
Terminus Cosmos 6a
Brooklyn Station 5a
Ca Béne 6c
Perds pas les Pédales 6c
Surbac à Bras 6a
Voie Normale 5a
Voie Bleue 5c
... list all 417 climbs
Classic Rock 23%
Top 25 UKC Wishlist Rock Climbs 40%
Top 20 Gritstone UKC Wishlist Climbs 45%
Great VS Climbs in the Lake District 29%
... list all 5 ticklists
Northeast Ridge (Bugaboo Spire) 5.8
Sula E2 5b
The Devil's Slide HS 4a
The Bullroar HVS 5a
Jacob's Ladder I
Whit's End Direct E1 5b
The Golden Tower E2 5c
The Grooves E1 5b
Ordinary Route HVS 5a
... list all 72 climbs