Passion for climbing, mountaineering and cycling. Trekked in the Dolomites, Alps, Ecrins; Indian Himalaya, Mt Kilimanjaro and Mt Meru. Climbed mainly in the UK (Hoy, Scotland, Peak, North Wales, Portland, Swanage and extensively in the Lakes). Cycled Land's End to John o'Groats in 10 days.
Currently a final year medical student at King's College University, hopefully qualify this summer, followed by 2 years of foundation training in Preston! Previous president of KCL Wilderness Medicine Society (www.kclwildernessmedicine.co.uk) and KCL Mountaineering Club (www.kclmc.org). I'm a qualified Summer ML and aim to do A&E/anaesthetics training followed by expedition medical work.
Other hobbies include swimming, playing/listening to music, reading etc.
Best Climbing Experience
Highlights so far:
- first F7b at Kendal Wall, such a buzz after falling off it a few times finally getting to the top!
- second F7b at Kendal Wall, even better than first one, felt harder and took longer = bigger buzz at top, couldn't believe it when latched onto finish hold!
- first Font 7b, Crazy Horse at Apremont, ticked on 1st day, new skin and fresh!
- first indoor Font 7b+ (V8) at Biscuit, took 3 sessions, super psyched!
- first E1, Central Buttress on Scafell Crag, took 6 hours, what a route!
- first E2, Crack of Ages on Torridon. Such an obvious line, awesome route.
- first E3, Telli at Stanage. Soft touch for the tall, part of a great weekend!
- summitting the Barre des Écrins unguided in Summer 2010, awesome to stand on the top of my first 4,000m peak!
- passing my Summer ML Assessment in Summer 2012, culmination of a year's hard graft and putting hill walking ahead of climbing!
Favourite Climbing-Related Discussion Topic
Ethics, any climbing in the Lakes, mountain medical stuff.
- No posts in last 30 days
Interests Outside Climbing
Click to list photo comments written by me. (10 comments)
I've voted for 291 photos, average vote 4.5.
(66% superb - 19% good - 8% average - 5% poor - 0% rubbish)
Anything Else We Should Know
Qualified Summer ML
User Profileregistered 13/Nov/06
Been Climbing For
11 to 20 years
Indoor - 7b
Trad - E3
Bouldering - f6C
Bouldering - V6
Indoor - 7b+
Bouldering - f7B+
Bouldering - V8
The Biscuit in Bermondsey
Several times a week
In the UK
Throsher VS 4c
Forked Cracks VS 4b
Rappel Wall VD
Mo HS 4b
Knock Out VS 4c
Rambling Route VD
Fingernail S 4a
Mohammed the Mad Monk of Moorside Home for Mental Misfits VS 4c
Mohammed the Medieval Melancholic HVS 5a
Step in the Clouds S 4b
Side-step HS 4b
Alldred's Original VD
Whittaker's Original HS 4a
Meanwhile S 4a
Because HS 4a
... list all 474 climbs
Classic Rock 23%
Top 25 UKC Wishlist Rock Climbs 40%
Top 20 Gritstone UKC Wishlist Climbs 45%
Great VS Climbs in the Lake District 29%
... list all 5 ticklists
Wilton Wall E3 6a
Wipe Out E2 5b
Central Route E1 5b
Paradox E2 5b
West Ridge ED1
Northeast Ridge (Bugaboo Spire) 5.8
Sula E2 5b
The Devil's Slide HS 4a
The Bullroar HVS 5a
Jacob's Ladder I
... list all 77 climbs