UKC

Feature request - Ticklist / Wishlist crag map

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BStar 21 Jun 2020

I'm not sure if this has been thought of before, I had a quick look in the forum but couldn't see anything.  

Having added lots of routes to my wishlist recently, a really good feature would be to see where they all are geographically on the same map to help with planning road trips or even just remembering where the hell a random route you looked up ages ago actually is. 

Similarly, having a map view of all of the classic/hard/extreme rock or Chris Craggs 100 best limestone climbs in Britain ticks would be nice to look at. 

Thanks

Good idea?

Yes
No
Login to vote
 Joffy 21 Jun 2020
In reply to BStar:

I'd quite like some added functionality to the map in general!

The stared areas/routes seem nice, would also like to to filter crags based on sport/trad amount of climbs or grade ranges. The map view would really improve things for unknown areas.

tjekel 23 Jun 2020
In reply to BStar:

Similar things have been discussed several times, although I now only find this thread: https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/rockfax/map_of_routes_climbed_and_on_wish...

I generally would be very interested of having the individual logbook through a map visualisation... I think, this would be a nice add on.

Thomas

tlouth7 23 Jun 2020
In reply to BStar:

I second the suggestion of being able to filter crags on the map by type. For example when searching for trad climbing in Scotland it would be really useful to hide winter and bouldering crags. It's frustrating that the list is filtered, but not the map.

Joffy 23 Jun 2020
In reply to tlouth7:

A way to mitigate this is to delete the downloaded crags/climbing that doesn't suit you. Some download packs are bouldering only, so removing these can help clear up the map view.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...