UKC

MIA offering free tuition

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mattprince 17 Jan 2017
Hi All,

I'm a MIA Trainee offering free tuition for Roped Scrambling to two people on the 26th & 27th January.

*Forecast and snow pending*

Below is some clarification on what is involved with my training and insurance.

MIA Trainee - As an MIA trainee I do not , as yet, hold the Mountaineering instructor award which is the recognised training qualification for the instruction of scrambling and multi-pitch rock climbing in the UK. I've undergone the training course, but training for an award does not constitute a qualification.

Insurance - I do not hold insurance that allows me to receive payment or benefits in kind for instruction, but as a volunteer with membership of a mountaineering council of the UK or Eire I am insured for third party liability. These topics will need to be discussed in detail and agreed before an activity is conducted.
ultinator 17 Jan 2017
In reply to mattprince:

Hi where is this ?
OP mattprince 17 Jan 2017
In reply to ultinator:

I will be based in North Wales, but can travel to the Lakes if needed
ultinator 17 Jan 2017
In reply to mattprince:

I see thanksl, Im planned to be headed up to fort william on the 27th. I was just enquiring out of curiosity as it might be something to do en route .
may i ask what's in it for yourself if you can't receive payments?
In reply to ultinator:

> may i ask what's in it for yourself if you can't receive payments?

This is a very regular type of post, though more usual in the summer/autumn. After doing their training MIA candidates have to log a number of days experience instructing/guiding before they are allowed to undergo their assessment.
 GaborS 19 Jan 2017
In reply to mattprince:

Hi Matt,

I would love to do some climbing or scrambling in North Wales. I normally go there on a regular basis.

I could only doe Friday the 27th.

Thanks,
Gab
 MikeSP 19 Jan 2017
In reply to mattprince:

Matt,
I'm keen for the weekend, but I will be by myself. So if anybody else want to pair up.

Mike
OP mattprince 21 Jan 2017
In reply to MikeSP:
Hi Mike,

I'll only be there the Thursday and Friday unfortunately

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...