UKC

Ice Screw Research

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Euan 11 Feb 2002
Hi

Has anyone got any old ice screws they want to donate to my 4th year project research. I'll be placing screws in ice at various angles and pulling them out measuring the load it takes to do so. Also, i'll be looking at the various parameters involved that might affect overall strength. ie length, bore etc

E-mail me if you can help

Euan Smith
 Bob 11 Feb 2002
In reply to Euan:

Check out the old issues of 'Climbing' magazine. They did a test on several makes of ice screws, their placements etc a year or two back. Some interesting results as far as I can remember.

Bob
 Graeme 11 Feb 2002
In reply to Euan: Try the Black Diamond website for propagand a bout there screws, interesting reading and when you think aboul right too.
Simon h 11 Feb 2002
In reply to Graeme: kan u speel
Euan 11 Feb 2002
In reply to Euan: cheers, i have done most of my research, just looking for screws to test!
 IanMcC 11 Feb 2002
In reply to Euan:
I am doing a very similar project, but would ask you to send me any new ice-screws which you have,,,
OP Steve C (not that one) 11 Feb 2002
In reply to Graeme: could you post a link to screw info on the BD site. I tried a link from another thread and could only find my way to a page about axes..
ta
Igneous Wok 11 Feb 2002
In reply to IanMcC: Strange, I'm currently researching the geographical properties of a full, brand new rack. Any donations gratefully recieved.
 Graeme 12 Feb 2002
In reply to Steve C (not that one): No because I have a distinct lack of understanding about computers. Sorry I guess I'm just an idle shit.
Euan 12 Feb 2002
In reply to Euan: Not bull shiting you but i always had my suspicions that most climbers were a bunch of cheap ****s although i'm not!

Anyway website details for BD research is

www.hi.is/~haraldg/isskrufu_paelingar.html

enjoy

Euan

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...