UKC

Bishop bashing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mrconners 09 Jan 2005
Hello all,
Im off to Bishop with 3 mates in a couple of months, any beta for a list of top 5 boulder problems (all under V8 please) and areas would be greatly appreciated!!!
Oh im currently practicing shouting "YEAH DUDE, YOUR ON IT" so we should be halfway to having a good time.
Ian Hill 09 Jan 2005
In reply to mrconners:

High Plains Drifter
Saigon
Ironman Traverse
Morning White Dove
The Hulk

pointless limiting it to five though

go to Buttermilks, Happy's, Sad's, Pollen Grains, Druid Stones and and and

free Internet access at the library to tell us all what you've been on...
 Michael Ryan 10 Jan 2005
In reply to mrconners:

> Oh im currently practicing shouting "YEAH DUDE, YOUR ON IT" so we should be halfway to having a good time.

Why would you want to do that?

Look dude, keep your accent and your vernaculer. Get down to the Whiskey Creek, order a pint and listen to the thud of knickers hitting the ground.

If Sarah is working, tell her Mick sent you. You may get a free pint if you don't act like a dick.

Mick

Michael Ryan 10 Jan 2005
In reply to mrconners:
> Hello all,
> any beta for a list of top 5 boulder problems (all under V8 please)

That's easy. Do these Ryan classics.

Strength In Numbers V5
Shaft V6
Every Color You Are V7
Morning Dove White V7
Take The Force Of The Blow V6
Blood Simple V4
Tie Me Up With Kindness V8
Sabres Of Paradise V7
The Orb V7
My Heart Grew Wings V4
Suspended In Silence V5
Beekeeper's Apprentice V6
Follow The Pollen Path V4

As well as what Ian said.
 Chris Fryer 10 Jan 2005
In reply to mrconners: If you go with that attitude you are bound to make lots of friends.
Anonymous 10 Jan 2005
In reply to Mick Ryan:

> Every Color You Are V7

V6 isn't it?

Jon
Derbyshire Ben 10 Jan 2005
In reply to Mick Ryan:

>Get down to the Whiskey Creek, order a pint and listen to the thud of knickers hitting the ground.

Damn, didn't seem to work for me

Mr Conners, when are you out there, I'm doing a monthly commute to Ca. at the moment and will be in Bishop at least one weekend per month for the next four months or so...
Ian Hill 10 Jan 2005
In reply to Derbyshire Ben: just wait for the sound of sympathy pouring your way...
andy guppy 11 Jan 2005
In reply to mrconners:
Rather than practicing ye shouting, get ye finger out and get to the wall more...u need to be as STRONG as me or you will not get up V5. No more Bashing the Bishop
Guppy [Lord of Glossop,Fellow Bishop Basher]
andy guppy 11 Jan 2005
In reply to Derbyside Ben:
Hi
We will be in Bishop from Sat 19th March for about 2 weeks[Easter] and will be camping somewhere?
Can meet up if interested.
Cheers Guppy...
 steve taylor 11 Jan 2005
In reply to Mick Ryan:

Get down to the Whiskey Creek, order a pint and listen to the thud of knickers hitting the ground

Alternatively, go to Rusty's, select "YMCA" on the jukebox, dance a bit and see how friendly the locals become...
Derbyshire Ben 11 Jan 2005
In reply to andy guppy:

OK, I don't know what my plans are that far out yet, but I'll be in touch as we get closer if I'm likely to be in the area.

Ian Hill: Yeah I know, life is tough huh (particularly when you get to fly club back 'n forth )
OP mrconners 12 Jan 2005
In reply to Mick Ryan:

cheers Mick,
Myself and the mr guppy were speaking to Tony Mitchell last night at Rochdale wall (bloody hell he's strong) and he also recommended several of the problems in your list (beekeepers he really rated). Really looking forward to the trip and cheers for the Beta.
Only problem is im weak!

P.S. Is V5 in Bishop as hard as everyone says

OP mrconners 12 Jan 2005
In reply to andy guppy:

I have a mere dip on my power curve, once engines are on full revs you will be left cowering in my vapour trail....

Or more likely you will burn us all off you strong (but old) bastard
Ian Hill 12 Jan 2005
In reply to mrconners:
>
>
> P.S. Is V5 in Bishop as hard as everyone says

no...
 Michael Ryan 13 Jan 2005
In reply to mrconners:
> (In reply to Mick Ryan)

> P.S. Is V5 in Bishop as hard as everyone says

It varys.......like most places.

Generally the Buttermilk grades are harder than the Tableland.

Poer failure is common on the tuff (Happies etc), technical and finger failure on the quartz-monzonite.

Lots of big snow there at the moment, and in the valley which is unusual.

Regards to Doctor Mitch.

Mick

Chris Fryer 13 Jan 2005
In reply to Mick Ryan: Mammoth has been hammered over the last couple of days. If I was in Bishop at the moment, I know where I would be!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...