UKC

man saved by ice screw

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
ANDYWEBB 04 Mar 2002
what was all that about on news and was he realy eating sandwiches while waiting for rescue

also can anyony let me know e mail address for lochaber mountain rescue
Stephen Fry 05 Mar 2002
In reply to ANDYWEBB:
See previous post titled Accident on the Ben for more detail
OP Anonymous 05 Mar 2002
In reply to ANDYWEBB:

> also can anyony let me know e mail address for lochaber mountain rescue

Why? taking a laptop up with you??
 Jamie B 05 Mar 2002
In reply to ANDYWEBB:

Yup, fell 200 ft off the top pitches of Orion Direct when his foot placements collapsed on him. Held by his first runner otherwise belay would have been in real danger. What make of ice screw? Order me up a dozen!

Then spent 6 hours with neck and ankle injuries awaiting rescue (partner had mobile). Not dangerously hurt but immobile - getting some nutrition in was probably quite a good idea.

Made the front page of the Record yesterday.

JAMIE B>
Heike 05 Mar 2002
In reply to Jamie B.:

And kept us awake all night (we were camping up there) shouting for help (they were told to do this so that Mountain Rescue could locate them) Was just a bit disconcerting. Beep beep beep beep beep beep HEEEELP. Surprised they didn't loose their voice!
wee Davie 05 Mar 2002
In reply to a'body who can be bothered:
Am I the only one who gets extremely irritated by the typical news coverage of accidents by the media in this country?
The innacuracies and sensationalism the media print and broadcast as news just drive me feckin mad. A couple of years ago their coverage was almost heading us off into compulsory accident/ evacuation insurance territory. I know that a journalist cannot be expected to understand everything about our sport but surely there must be a way they can have the overall accuracy and tone of their copy checked before printing?
OP Westender 05 Mar 2002
In reply to wee Davie: I agree , according to the daily sport the boy wis hangin fae his y-fronts elastic, jings he must buy his nickers fae House of Fraser
ANDYWEBB 05 Mar 2002
In reply to Anonymous:

I just read your reply and nearly fell off my chair very very very funny.

Seriously though regarding web site request.

I only get to visit the ben twice each year and each time i gladly give to the mountain rescue team collection boxes which have been in the hotels which we stay.

I also would like to subscribe if possible to receive the monthly booklet they produce as it makes interesting reading from a southeners point of yiew.

If you could help i would be grateful

OP Anonymous 06 Mar 2002
In reply to ANDYWEBB: Guess you've already done the same, but I did a quick search on Google - can't find email or web-site details, bu this site has some info.

http://www.bluedome.co.uk/Assoc/mrcscot/mrcsteam.htm

andy chick 07 Mar 2002
In reply to ANDYWEBB: the castle climbing centre has a Locharber mountain rescue box at reception.There are year books that you can pick up for a min donation of £1.00.The box was put in by a eleven year old girl called sarah who at the age of five walked to the summit of The Ben to raise £1300.00 for charity.if you would like to donate then write a cheque and place it in the rescue box in the castle.The money is collected every week and is taken up to the team in fort william,if anybody else feels the urge to deep in there pockets and donate a pound in return for a year book THE MONEY WILL BE WELL RECEIVED.
Thanks to all castle for making room for the box at reception.The new Locharber year books will be ready in April 2002.
Miller 07 Mar 2002
In reply to ANDYWEBB:
> what was all that about on news and was he realy eating sandwiches while waiting for rescue
>
> also can anyony let me know e mail address for lochaber mountain rescue

Lochaber MRT e-mail address is lochabermrt@aol.com. We have a new Year Book (£1.00), fresh off the presses this week. If you want copy, send minimum donation of £2.00 to cover p & p To Miller Harris, Lochaber MRT, 1 Galloway Place Fort William PH33 6UH. Discussing new WEB site before dragged away from pub to reply to this.

Re rescue on Orion Face, at least he had some sandwiches!

ANDYWEBB 08 Mar 2002
In reply to Miller:

The last time I was in fort william I bought a small booklet in hotel reception is this only printed yearly ??

If above is correct is there a monthly / weekly leaflet / booklet also produced.
Glencoe Davy 09 Mar 2002
In reply to Miller:

Don't forget the poor wee team just accross Ballachulish Bridge on the glencoe side either lads !!! Nothing but shhep and deer to sutain us poor teuchters.
Miller 09 Mar 2002
In reply to ANDYWEBB:
> (In reply to Miller)
>
> The last time I was in fort william I bought a small booklet in hotel reception is this only printed yearly ??
>
> If above is correct is there a monthly / weekly leaflet / booklet also produced.

The booklet is only produced annually. However, the new one was published last week, so if you want a copy pick one up next time you are in the fort or send £2 and I will send a copy on to you. All the best.

Miller 09 Mar 2002
In reply to Glencoe Davy:
> (In reply to Miller)
>
> Don't forget the poor wee team just accross Ballachulish Bridge on the glencoe side either lads !!! Nothing but shhep and deer to sutain us poor teuchters.

Leave the sheep alone, they've had a bad enough year with foot and mouth without you pervies interfering with them! I am surprised you can find the deer, they don't wear day-glow goretex.
OP The stoners 10 Mar 2002
In reply to Miller: Rotting stag? So's it true that Loch-a-ber coffers are overflowing with majic goretex gamey jaykits? And poor Davey's sportin' the ventile an' auld cotton thermals?
GlencoeDavy 10 Mar 2002
In reply to The stoners:
Good gracious - how did you know I wear a 30 year old ventile? Keep putting money in the Kingshouse box and we will stay off the braxy and stay dry. Keech winter eh lads!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...