UKC

BIggest dyno on Lead

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Scottish 05 May 2005
Whats the biggest you've done?

I did Orpheus wall at the weekend and couldn't get to grips with eth heal hook thingy, so just Dynoed for the jug! Piece of piss. But if you do blow it you'll take a good 4m whipper.

Also as smoe Git nicked my copy of Hard Grit what is the dyno Seb is doing at teh beginning??

Scottish
 Alun 05 May 2005
In reply to Scottish:
> Also as smoe Git nicked my copy of Hard Grit what is the dyno Seb is doing at teh beginning??

The name of the route was Fat Slapper, I seem to recall. Forgotten where it is, but am right in remembering that access to the crag is now banned?
Scottish 05 May 2005
In reply to Alun:

Thanx

bummer it banned ;(
 Keeg 05 May 2005
In reply to Alun:
Eastwood Rocks. Not only "now banned", but always has been banned AFAIK. And there really is a farmer with a twelve bore, which is nice...

Biggest dyno I've done on a route is about 1.5-ish metres between handholds with no gear - focusses the mind rather...
 Gavin 05 May 2005
In reply to Keeg:

How big is the dyno on Thing on a Spring?
 Keeg 05 May 2005
In reply to Gavin:
Ummm....
Dunno, someone like mark s, dave garnett or andi t is your moan for that question.

Come on you lot where are you?

P.S. Total guess would be about a metre between handholds?
 Keeg 05 May 2005
Derbyshire Ben 05 May 2005
In reply to Scottish:

Isn't the biggest dyno on a UK trad route the one at Ramshaw by our very own Tom UKC News?
 Tom Briggs 05 May 2005
Derbyshire Ben 05 May 2005
In reply to Tom, UKC News Editor:

That's the one I meant...

Doughboy 05 May 2005
In reply to Scottish:

One of the biggest ones I've seen (6 feet) is on a route called "Mirage" in Australia's Grampians, it's notable due to its height above the ground and the grade (27.

Photo 3/4 of the way down this page: http://www.chockstone.org/Interviews/SCarter.htm

There is also a Simon Carter image floating around somewhere of the whole sequence shot from side on which is very impressive.

Superb rock, high on the cliff and a solid crux dyno. nice route
 nz Cragrat 05 May 2005
In reply to Doughboy:

Yes done that route - fortunately there is a Grade 23 option. How you grade something like that is fairly random. HB was trying it a lot before he got it. I can't remember what he said but when he got it he was only sticking the hold 30% of the time maybe?

Simon Carters series of shots of HB doing the dyno are brilliant.

He posts on http://www.chockstone.org as onsight so if you wanted to ask him about it I am sure he will answer.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...