UKC

John Allen and Andy Cave in Adrian Cooper's Everest Challen

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Martin Cooper 07 May 2005
John Allen and Andy Cave will be joining Martin Veale, Mark Stokes and a team of other Peak District- based climbers to climb a total of 8848 m (the height of Everest) on Stanage Edge on the weekend of May 21st and 22nd. This will be in memory of their friend and fellow Peak devotee Adrian Cooper who died from leukamia on May 20th two years ago. They will be raising money for Weston Park Hospital in Sheffield and anyone wanting to sponsor them can visit www.justgiving.com/AdriansClimb. If you want to join in the event then contact me via this site. Thanks
Fex Wazner 12 May 2005
In reply to Martin Cooper:

Good work guys, go for it. No top roping I hope.

Fex.
OP Martin Cooper 12 May 2005
In reply to Fex Wazner: Thanks Fex. A few folk will never have seen a crag before let alone a gritstone one so thought they should be allowed the pleasure of a rope. Any combinations on the climbing or donations via the web are most welcome- and please do a "no rain or midges, not too hot dance" for us
 Nick Wallis 17 May 2005
In reply to Martin Cooper: bump
Removed User 18 May 2005

good on you for organising this martin, and good on john, andy, martin, mark and the rest of the peak team. its the most inspired initiative ive seen for a long time.

good luck to you all and dont fall off!
 anonymous1 18 May 2005

If you are reading this Mark, don't knacker yourself up.
 Adders 18 May 2005
In reply to Martin Cooper: as a pal of John and Martin i shall try to visit you this weekend and will pass on some sponsor £££ for a good cause.

goodluck with it all and becareful
 Duncan Bourne 18 May 2005
Good luck
Will you be using supplimentry oxygen?
Removed User 20 May 2005
In reply to Duncan Bourne:

theyre not THAT old duncan!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...