UKC

North Germany bouldering

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Yorkspud 24 May 2005
Anyone know of any near Osnabruck - found some info about routes in the Teutoburger Wald - where the Romans were trashed by Arminius if yoiu were wondering.
violentViolet 24 May 2005
In reply to Yorkspud:

On www.climbing.de you can find a route database (in German of course), here's the one for the Teutoburger Wald http://www.sportclimbing.de/search_small/index.php3?Tab=Teutoburger

click on "Zeigs mir" (sorry, weirdly doesn't let me do the direct link) It's definitely worth checking the database, because it seems that a lot of boulders and routes are prohibited (click on "Sperrungen") and from what I've read chalk is banned (don't ask me why).

tim carruthers 24 May 2005
In reply to violentViolet:

Ralf Kowalski's site: www.kletternimnorden.de gives details of the bouldering in the Weserbergland and the Harz.
Yorkspud 24 May 2005
In reply to tim carruthers:

Thanks both
 robin mueller 24 May 2005
In reply to tim carruthers:

That website looks pretty good. Wish I'd found it a couple of years ago when I stayed in Schierke (in the Harz area) for a few days. I wandered around the amazing rock formations but couldn't find any obvious bouldering areas. And I just got blank looks from the people in the tourist information office. The steam train up the mountain was great though.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...