UKC

Cliffhanger

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jamiemcp 25 Jun 2005
Crap or what ?

& where can I get me a bolt gun ??
 wushu 25 Jun 2005
In reply to Jamie McPherson: lol probly the cheesiest film ever its on now isnt it?
OP Jamiemcp 25 Jun 2005
In reply to wushu: yep it is great scenery though
 wushu 25 Jun 2005
In reply to Jamie McPherson: yeh true just that bit at the beginning wid stallone on the overhang , so not him lol
 Ropeboy 25 Jun 2005
In reply to Jamie McPherson:

Filmed in the Dollies don't you know.

Cheesy it might be but it's still a pretty good film. John Lithgow is excellent in it.

And wasn't it Ron Kauk soloing at the beggining?

J
 wushu 25 Jun 2005
In reply to Ropeboy: always gets me the bit at the beginning wen the women falls , then in ace ventura wen the monkey falls, classic!
OP Jamiemcp 25 Jun 2005
In reply to Ropeboy: I did know, Is it Jeff Lowe's book which describes the filming ?
 Ropeboy 25 Jun 2005

It could be, I thought I read it in Wolgang's biography.

J
OP Jamiemcp 25 Jun 2005
In reply to Ropeboy: Whom is the guy who has done the everest films etc
mac_climb 26 Jun 2005
In reply to wushu:
> (In reply to Ropeboy) always gets me the bit at the beginning wen the women falls ,

you know that when the film was first realised, the harness which broke was black diamond, but unfortunately they had not blanked over the name, so for a year or two sales in black diamond harness fell by quite a lot, at least that what i heard
 AndyBryce 26 Jun 2005
pishy indeed. I especially like the bit where his harness buckle seems to melt and contort to nothing.
epik 26 Jun 2005
In reply to mac_climb:

sure BD did ok from their legal action against the film producers rather apt as BD's formation was closely related to legal action over a death climbing and a BD harness! Bet the producers wish they picked a unknown russian branded harness!
 Zombie 26 Jun 2005

I read about the filming in David Breashears' book "High Exposure" - he did the Everest IMAX thing too
FredMead 26 Jun 2005
Sweet opening scene. Sucks when he is soloing on mixed terrain and doing bloody double dynos and stuff like that Bit over the top!
Wes 26 Jun 2005
In reply to Ropeboy: Wolfgang Gullich in the beginning. Quite sad really as he died just before the film got released
FredMead 26 Jun 2005
In reply to Wes:
You sure it was Gullick not Kauk?
 Dominion 26 Jun 2005
In reply to FredMead:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106582/fullcredits

Gullick is credited in the stunts section

Just seen it was produced by Silvio Berlusconi, better known now as the President of Italy...
djviper 26 Jun 2005
In reply to FredMead: yup the climbing was done by dave and wolfgang
FredMead 26 Jun 2005
In reply to Dominion:
Oh, right ... never been sure if it was kauk or Gullich. That clears that up then!
pagoda 26 Jun 2005
In reply to djviper: how did gullich die?
djviper 26 Jun 2005
In reply to pagoda: i havnt a clue google might know
violentViolet 26 Jun 2005
In reply to pagoda:

Car accident
pagoda 26 Jun 2005
In reply to violentViolet: You woild think a man who breaks his back climbing, recovers and carries on would have died of natural causes.
FredMead 26 Jun 2005
In reply to pagoda:
I cant believe he did his back on Masters Edge and came back to SOLO it ... crazy fool!! Naa, he aint a fool ... he is a legend, shame he died like that. Could Gullich have pushed 9b or maybe even 9c?!!
Wes 27 Jun 2005
In reply to FredMead: Yeah, sure 'bout that...it's in the Hienz Zak book "Rock Stars"-great book, if you haven't seen it.
 DougG 27 Jun 2005
In reply to Dominion:

> Gullick is credited in the stunts section

Gullick??

Güllich!
 robin mueller 27 Jun 2005
In reply to Dominion:
> (In reply to FredMead)
>
> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106582/fullcredits
>
> Gullick is credited in the stunts section

I watched the credits of the film. Güllich and Kauk are both credited. For some reason IMDB doesn't mention Kauk - IMDB also says Güllich is uncredited, which is odd as I definitely saw his name. Perhaps there are different versions of the film, with different credits?

Dominion 27 Jun 2005
In reply to DougG:

Sorry, I was quoting of FredMead's post, and didn't check against the credit on IMDB...

Wolfgang Güllich .... stunts (uncredited)
Wolfgang Güllich .... Climbing double: Mr. Stallone

are what is listed.

I haven't even seen the film... but I have heard about the breaking buckle, and the boltgun...

FredMead 28 Jun 2005

> Gullick??
>
> Güllich!

Who cares ... who know who were talking about
 DougG 28 Jun 2005
In reply to FredMead:

Christ Allmighty.
Foxy 28 Jun 2005

Quality film, I bought it for the missus's birthday last year, along with Top Gun and Point Break - kept me entertained for hours
 Cú Chullain 28 Jun 2005
In reply to FredMead:

"Sucks when he is soloing on mixed terrain and doing bloody double dynos and stuff like that "

Ha, can't you double dyno?
 Alex Been 28 Jun 2005
There's a bit of an article on it in the new Rock and Ice. I think Wolfgang was the original sly double and Ron Kauk was the double for the other fella in it.
FredMead 03 Jul 2005
In reply to Cú Chullain:
Haha, i mean he is double dynoing on to iced up edges and shit like that

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...