UKC

bishop CA

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 IMA 13 Aug 2005
can anyone tell me if its possible to get ther on public transport please, im currently off to yosemite and jt end of next week but was thinkin about bishop in the middle if i can get ther on bus's etc
 Chris Fryer 15 Aug 2005
In reply to iain abernethy: I'm sure it can be done, but I'm not sure about directly. Hitch a ride over Tioga Pass, then get the greyhound from the town at the end of it, the name of which has totally escaped me.
 Michael Ryan 15 Aug 2005
In reply to iain abernethy:

Bus details are in this MiniGUIDE

http://www.rockfax.com/publications/miniguides/item.php?id=42

It is possible, from LA to Bishop. It is possible from Yosemite to Bishop.....I think there is a daily bus from Mammoth Lakes to Yosemite.....that shouldn't be a bad hitch actually - don't hitch from LA to Bishop though....you'll die in the Mojave desert

There is some page somewhere with all the schedules.

Start here I suppose

http://www.inyocounty.us/transit/route,%20schedule%20&%20fares.htm

Mick
 Michael Ryan 15 Aug 2005
In reply to Chris Fryer:
> (In reply to iain abernethy) I'm sure it can be done, but I'm not sure about directly. Hitch a ride over Tioga Pass, then get the greyhound from the town at the end of it, the name of which has totally escaped me.

Lee Vining.......no greyhound on the 395 they cancelled it.....it's CREST...

Should be an easy hitch from Lee Vining.

Mick

phatlad 15 Aug 2005
In reply to iain abernethy:
Sheesh, Bishop at this time of year f***in hot mate, when you get there maybe check out the boulders at Heaven Happy boulders will be minging not sure about the gorge mind, you should be able to chase some shade there. Just stop in Tuolomne it'll be cooler, mozzy free and there're some fantstic routes
 Chris Fryer 15 Aug 2005
In reply to phatlad: He's going to J Tree too! Will be even hotter than Bishop, as there is hardly any escape the heat spots there.

Thanks Mick Lee Vining was the spot I was thinking of, and meant CREST too.
 phatlad 15 Aug 2005
In reply to Chris Fryer:
Christ you're right, didn't spot that one on the first read. Just reorganise the trip, do Tuolomne and then head to squamish / skaha then across to Canmore. In fact . . . . no lets not start that

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...