UKC

Bouldering Coaching

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Mike Hunt 14 Aug 2005
I have been looking for a coach to help me improve my bouldering (god knows I need it!), I heard Mark Croxall has started coaching at Craggy. Is he any good as a coach? Has anyone been on his workshops?
Craggy Island 15 Aug 2005
In reply to Mike Hunt:

Hi Mike,

Mark is only here for tonight and tomorrow (tuesday 16/8), he is taking a number of private tuitions for groups no larger than 4 on the bouldering wall. There are a few spaces left and its a real treat to be coached by Mark. I am trying to persuade him to coach here on a regular basis. I can't find your name on our system perhaps Mike Hunt isn't your real name!!
In reply to Craggy Island: What makes you thing that?
 Fraser 15 Aug 2005
In reply to Richard Bradley:

He's seen the film "Porkies" ?
Mike Hunt 15 Aug 2005
In reply to Craggy Island:

I've been rumbled!!

Actually my real name is Micheala Von Straponstuckon, but I thought people might laugh!

...but incase anyone is interested, I have decided to give it a go and booked into one of Marks coaching sessions tomorrow.
cool rock 16 Aug 2005
In reply to Mike Hunt:

if you witnessed mark at birmingham , you would know for sure your money will not be wasted ?
 rock_waif 16 Aug 2005
In reply to Mike Hunt:

your name did make me laugh
Mike Hunt 18 Aug 2005
In reply to rock_waif:
I did make the effort to join Marks session on the bouldering wall down at Craggy and I'm still recovering. I have never had anyone objectively observe my climbing style before and his first comment "do you always climb like that?" kind of set the tone. It wasn't long however before I was making more controlled moves and although I haven't as yet improved my grade. I feel confident that it will come if I practice Marks suggestions.

He's a really brilliant climber and nice guy to boot and I can't wait to go back down to Craggy (what a cool place), those brownies in the cafe are the dogs....
In reply to Craggy Island: Don't be rude!! One of the BMC's VP's is called Michael Hunt.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...