UKC

Leo Holding, holy $h!t

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bux 14 Oct 2005
Following on from the hardest solo route thread, this was on the berghaus site along with the awesome Huber video.

Check out this dyno!

http://www.berghaus.com/index.asp?bhcd2=1129279613

OP Bux 14 Oct 2005
In reply to Bux: Sorry missed a 'u' should be Houlding!
 ste_d 14 Oct 2005
In reply to Bux:

what ever happened to 3 points of contact?

tut tut, youth of today...
 Dominion 14 Oct 2005
In reply to Bux:

Houlding...

And maybe someone should tell Berghaus that people use other OS's than Windows and Mac, and putting their videos in a common to all OS / web-browsers might be a more democratic approach.

Windows Media Player streams aren't easily viewable in linux, as far as I'm aware. I might have a fiddle with that, and see if I can sort it.
 Richard 14 Oct 2005
In reply to Bux:

The hands-free dyno in Font is also rather cool.
Hotbad Peteel 14 Oct 2005
In reply to Dominion:
maybe they cant be arsed and have more important things to worry about. New haircuts, manicures, watering pot plants etc
p
Hotbad Peteel 14 Oct 2005
In reply to Bux:

he should be ashamed, that sledging has got to polish the rock and the scrablling the top of that slab in trainers is just punterish
p
 Dominion 14 Oct 2005
In reply to Hotbad Peteel:

True. Maybe pissing off a few (admittedly small) percent of their potential market doesn't worry them. Or they could just put their streams in a non-proprietary format, that everyone could see, whatever OS and browser they use...

Gosh. Hard decision. Maybe that's what marketing people are employed to think through... Or their IT people who set it up are hidebound, and only think in terms of Microsoft, even though they have made a small concession to Apple...
 JDDD 14 Oct 2005
In reply to Dominion: It horses for courses. I hate Realtime these days. You can't install their software unless you have a login and password / email address with them. Why has no one developed a free cross platform media form?
 JDDD 14 Oct 2005
In reply to Jon Dittman: Oh - and I can't install Real on my office PC!
 Morgan Woods 14 Oct 2005
In reply to Bux:

also check out the free solos of alex huber....my god! 7a+ in the dolomites....lucky he was wearing a helmet!
 Dominion 14 Oct 2005
In reply to Jon Dittman:

> You can't install their software unless you have a login and password / email address with them.

Yes, you can.

But the streams in this case are:

Windows Media Audio/Video playlist (.asx) for Windows, or .asf for Mac

So Windows Media Player is your tool of choice, in this case. It may be that you don't have .asx as a registered file for WMP, or you have an old version of WMP...
OP Bux 14 Oct 2005
In reply to Morgan Woods:
> (In reply to Bux)
>
> also check out the free solos of alex huber....my god! 7a+ in the dolomites....lucky he was wearing a helmet!

i saw that, from that height i guess he would aim to land on his head? hence the helmet?!?
 Deri Jones 14 Oct 2005
In reply to Jon Dittman: Try googling for "Real alternative" - seems to do the job for the odd thing I wathc and doesn't install lots of crap.
Anyone else can't get the page to open in Firefox (opens OK in IE)?
 BigBrother 14 Oct 2005
In reply to Jon Dittman:
> (In reply to Dominion) It horses for courses. I hate Realtime these days. You can't install their software unless you have a login and password / email address with them. Why has no one developed a free cross platform media form?

Google for real alternative and quicktime alternative. Plays real quicktime and virtually any media file without the spyware etc of the proprietary players.

Dominion 14 Oct 2005
In reply to Deri Jones:

> Anyone else can't get the page to open in Firefox (opens OK in IE)?

The Berghaus one?

Try
http://www.berghaus.com/content/index.asp?section_id=56&content_id=6256
 Deri Jones 14 Oct 2005
In reply to Dominion: That works fine...thanks.
 Dominion 14 Oct 2005
In reply to Deri Jones:

http://www.berghaus.com/content/index.asp?section_id=56&content_tag=

should take you to the page with the other profiles, too..
 ChrisJD 14 Oct 2005
In reply to Bux:

Jeeeeeesuuuus !
In reply to Bux:

That Huber stuff is scarey shyte!
 Danos 14 Oct 2005
In reply to Bux:

Crazy MoFo!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...