UKC

Andy Kirkpatrick Lecture

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Toby 30 Apr 2002
Andy Kirkpatrick is giving a lecture at the Logie Lecture theatre at Stirling Uni on Tuesday 14th May. He'll be talking about his repeat of the Lafaille route on the Dru and his solo of Reticent Wall at Yosemite. Tickets cost £5 and £4 for students.

It'll be followed by a drink or 10 at the Meadowpark Bar where there is the added bonus of 50p vodkas and cheap beer!

If you're interested let me know either by e-mail or phone 077330 83930.

Shameless advertising brought to you by the USMC.

Slainte

Toby
 Chris Fryer 30 Apr 2002
In reply to Toby: He's also at Snow and Rock in Bristol on Wedesday the 8th.
Ogre 01 May 2002
In reply to Chris Fryer:

is he doing sheffield?
 Chris Fryer 01 May 2002
In reply to Ogre: Dont know - just saw one advert in shop in Bristol
OP huddy 01 May 2002
In reply to Toby:
have you seen the article in llast months OTE were Stevie Haston gives him some shit about these route ?
 andy 01 May 2002
In reply to Toby: We saw him do the same one in the Black Dog at Belmont. Top lecture, top chap. Swears blind he's never led more than E1.
OP Anonymous 01 May 2002
In reply to Toby:

Do you think The Med will let in all those fleeces and salomon approach shoes in at the door!?

I wish you luck!

(Tempted to come through for it though. I saw Andy K lecture in Edinburgh recently and he was
absolf**kingloutely hilarious.)

Andy
OP Andy Myles 01 May 2002
In reply to Anonymous:

Ooops. Anonymous was me.

Toby, what time will the doors be opening? How long is the lecture planned (appreciating how
vague "planned" can be for these things) to run for?

Remind AK to remember his slides this time BTW. The Edinburgh lecture was meant to be on
Patagonia, but he forgot them and so we got treated to scary tales of the Reticent Wall instead.

Andy
Toby 02 May 2002
In reply to Andy Myles:

Doors open at 7pm with the lecture (hopefully) starting at 7:30pm. I'm not entirely sure how long it'll run for.

Slainte

Toby
jim 02 May 2002
In reply to Anonymous: i saw andys lecture on his climb of reticent wall in glasgow last year and its worth a look just for the laughs alone,hes definetly got a career on the stage if he ever gives up climbing.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...