UKC

Westway heating - what do we all think?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 practicalcat 21 Nov 2005
so, now it's all warm and cosy, what's the verdict?
I kind of like the novelty of being able to climb in my t-shirt when it's freezing outdoors, but then again the hands are sweaty with the unaccustomed heat, and I feel a little nostalgic for when I used to snuggle back into my duvet jacket after each climb....
In reply to practicalcat:

Well, that's good news. I will start going there again.
 rock_waif 21 Nov 2005

Is it really that warm there now? What have they done about the gap at the top? I was just thinking today that I won't go there again till it's warmer.
OP practicalcat 21 Nov 2005
In reply to rock_waif:
ok, so it's a bit chilly at the top of the walls, but you should be working too hard by then for it to be a problem! Everywhere else, they have these massive heaters pumping out warmth. Definitely less environmentally friendly than of old...
Wingman@work 21 Nov 2005

it's bloody hot in there now! You can't stand to near the sides for fear of becoming 'grilled wingman'
 Paddy Duncan 21 Nov 2005
Hopefully they will get the hang of it.
Last Weds it was 1/2 of grilling alternating with 1/2 hour of freezing.
 nigel pearson 22 Nov 2005
I though it was great. The last two years it has been bloody freezing, often feeling colder that outside.
 Wilbur 22 Nov 2005

i liked it with no heating and my down jacket..
 Simon Webb 22 Nov 2005
I think it's great too - fantastic to be able to climb in shorts and t-shirt when it's brass monkeys outside...
 thin bob 22 Nov 2005
In reply to practicalcat: yeah, it's OK - I'd still wear a long sleeved shirt unless you're really racing about - not all the heaters work.... Was there last night & it was about right.
Sharket 22 Nov 2005

can they get the same heating at calshot its fecking freezing there
OP practicalcat 22 Nov 2005
I was supposed to be at the wall tonight but have come down with a nasty head cold. Feeling very mizz
Whisky with lemon and hot water, followed by bed.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...