UKC

That Ben Heason thing...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Marcus B 11 Jan 2006
I missed the outcome of the accusations from Rich Simpson. What happened in the end or is it still unresolved?
DEvans 12 Jan 2006
In reply to Marcus Brewer: i'm quite intreted in what happened too.
 Jason Kirk 12 Jan 2006
In reply to Marcus Brewer:

Hopefully they've kissed and made up and if they haven't I hope they keep their arguments private.
lostintranslation85 13 Jan 2006
In reply to Jason Kirk:

I missed the outcome too, so lets BUMP this thread back up!!

Someone must know?
 Mick Ward 14 Jan 2006
In reply to Marcus Brewer:

Dumb to have such a public furore with no clear, public outcome. Potentially damaging to reputations to both. Mud tends to be pretty sticky stuff.

It needed something along the lines of,

"We agree to disagree..."

or, more hopefully,

Rich accepts Ben's word. Apologises. Ben gracefully accepts apology. Shake hands on it (photo for UKC!) Full agreement between outstanding sportsmen & gentlemen. End of.

Mick
Weegee 14 Jan 2006
As I understand it, Simpson claimed that he had EVIDENCE that Heason had faked claims. That was what was posted on UK Bouldering before it was (conveniently) pulled.

Where is this evidence then? IMO Simpson is the Bullshi**er, not Heason.
 Michael Ryan 14 Jan 2006
In reply to Weegee:

They both agreed to drop it.

Mick
 Norrie Muir 14 Jan 2006
In reply to Mick - UKClimbing.com:
> They both agreed to drop it.
>
Dear Mick

So it seems, but was anything resolved one way or another? Both parties don't come out smelling of roses as it stands.

Norrie
 Michael Ryan 14 Jan 2006
In reply to Norrie Muir:
> (In reply to Mick - UKClimbing.com)
> [...]
> Dear Mick
>
> So it seems, but was anything resolved one way or another? Both parties don't come out smelling of roses as it stands.

As far as I know nothing was resolved. They just mutually decided not to continue the spat in public.
 Norrie Muir 14 Jan 2006
In reply to Mick - UKClimbing.com:
> (In reply to Norrie Muir)
> As far as I know nothing was resolved. They just mutually decided not to continue the spat in public.

Dear Mick

Although I never got involved in the spat, it did leave me with a bad impression of both sides.

Norrie
In reply to Norrie Muir: But nothing posted on here would improve that? Sleeping dogs....
 Norrie Muir 14 Jan 2006
In reply to Richard Bradley:

Dear Richard

Maybe something posted here by both of them like: "We have decided to resolve the issue personally and could people stop making uninformed comments anonymously."

Norrie
In reply to Norrie Muir: Agreed, they should a least post under their own name to make uninformed comments. Works for me!
 Norrie Muir 14 Jan 2006
In reply to Richard Bradley:
> (In reply to Norrie Muir) Agreed, they should a least post under their own name to make uninformed comments. Works for me!

Dear Richard

Disagree, people should post informed comments, under their own name.

Norrie

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...