UKC

how heavy do you think chris sharma is?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mark1984 13 Jan 2006
the above?
lostintranslation85 13 Jan 2006
In reply to mark1984:

why the interest?

oli
OP mark1984 13 Jan 2006
In reply to oliver aram:

i read somewhere he is 48kg - and i thought that is particularly light
lostintranslation85 13 Jan 2006
In reply to mark1984:

hehehe - where was that? I just got a mental image of chris sharma's head on a little insect-boy body (not far from the truth i guess, but he's never THAT light, surely)

I reckon he's gotta be around 65-70kg. He's absolutely stacked.
Toby M 13 Jan 2006
In reply to oliver aram:
> (In reply to mark1984)
>
> why the interest?
>
maybe he can't decide whether to pack him as 'carry-on' or hold luggage,

although I suspect the inflatable version is even lighter than the real thing

Adam Lincoln 13 Jan 2006
In reply to mark1984:

He is just over 70kg
 JIMBO 13 Jan 2006
In reply to Adam Lincoln: That is super light for a chap of his size... wish I could be 70kg then I kick some rock back into next week.

JIMBO
 biscuit 13 Jan 2006
In reply to mark1984: My wife is about 48 kg - she's 4ft 11" and slim.I think it's about 6 1/2 stone in old money.

He would be a pea on a stick.
In reply to Adam Lincoln:
> (In reply to mark1984)
>
> He is just over 70kg

Is that still the case? The adverts for a recent DVD ("Best of the of West" I think) had a line about him being "40 pounds bigger, but the good news is, it's all muscle".

One thing's for sure - regardless of his actual weight (if it's anything under 12 stone he must have hollow bones or always be filmed next to very short people) he is certainly not a skinny kid any more. He's huge on Dosage3 - a great grunting mass of slapping muscle.
OP mark1984 13 Jan 2006
In reply to Toby M:
well yeah was gonna use him for my body double for this film i'm making. however i don't think he's ripped enough nor has the talent on the rock.
Yorkspud 13 Jan 2006
In reply to mark1984:

9 stone 3 lbs

I claim my prize
Damian L 13 Jan 2006
In reply to mark1984:

more to the point how heavy is Dave Graham?

now there's a man who could be 48kg...
 Adam Lincoln 13 Jan 2006
In reply to TimS:

2 years out of date!
 Dominion 13 Jan 2006
In reply to TimS:

Now, I'm 6ft tall and only weigh 168lbs.

If only I was 21yrs younger, and had started climbing when I was 12...
 Owen W-G 13 Jan 2006
In reply to Dominion:

You fat b*stard. I'm 6' and 148lbs. All muscle.
 Dominion 13 Jan 2006
In reply to Owen W-G:

You're also 14yrs younger than me...

I was about that weight when I was your age...
 beardy mike 13 Jan 2006
In reply to Dominion: Don't worry Dominion, I'm 6' and weigh 180lbs. Still have the same grades as Owen though Owen you're TOO SKINNY - eat some doughnuts so that you have to climb like a real man...
 SARS 13 Jan 2006
In reply to Dominion:
> (In reply to TimS)

> If only I was 21yrs younger, and had started climbing when I was 12...

Climbing doesn't just have to be about grades...

5'11 - 155lbs
 Ram MkiV 13 Jan 2006
In reply to mark1984: good question. I don't know but the 70kg shout is encouraging for 'heavier' climbers. Also wondering: how heavy is/was John Dunne when he did his hardest ascents? how heavy was Wolfgang Gullich at his peak?

There must be a maximum weight at the cutting edge? I'd guess if you're much past 12stone you're going to be really struggling - just get injured too easily
 beardy mike 13 Jan 2006
In reply to Steve Ramsden: Oiii we're not that heavy! Just have to pull harder!
 SARS 13 Jan 2006
In reply to Steve Ramsden:

70kg is not heavy at all.
Damian L 13 Jan 2006
In reply to mark1984: my injury prone elbow and wrist have definitely benefited from me coming down from over twelve to just over eleven...

and dropping,

Come on Six-Pack!

I Know you're in there!

Stop hiding!!
 Ri 13 Jan 2006
In reply to mark1984:just to clarify, im 45kg, that is about 6 1/2 stone, and i really doubt that theres any way that chris sharma could be that light, hed have to have absolutely no muscle at all, anywhere... like me
Hotbad Peteel 13 Jan 2006
In reply to SARS:

70kg is about 5kg less than me. i'm the same height as sharma and probably have less muscle so I guess he must be slimmer than me, and i'm not exactly big boned.
p
Rosie A 13 Jan 2006
In reply to mark1984: Chris Sharma is 145.2 lbs.
Rosie A 13 Jan 2006
In reply to Rosie A: I know cos Mick said so.
 Ri 13 Jan 2006
In reply to Rosie A: and he is always right
david Pike 13 Jan 2006
im five 6 and touching 70kg, which is okay, some of my muscle is in a ring shape lying dormant around my waste... I like to think of it as muscle in reserve... I'm thinking of posting Sharma some cake!
Billy De Kid 13 Jan 2006
In reply to mark1984:
Well I know Rich Simpson is 70 kg and he is 5ft 8 with a similar if not slighter build than Sharmas at the moment and he is around 6ft. I guess this would put him at about 75kg.
 Allan Thomson 13 Jan 2006
In reply to Billy De Kid:
I've been measured as somewhere aroudn 5ft 9in, and weight 65 kilo's.
 Allan Thomson 13 Jan 2006
however my arms are rather spindly.
 SARS 13 Jan 2006
In reply to Hotbad Peteel:
> (In reply to SARS)
>
> 70kg is about 5kg less than me. i'm the same height as sharma and probably have less muscle so I guess he must be slimmer than me, and i'm not exactly big boned.

no, I agree - see above. I'm 5'11 and 155lb/70kg and not fat at all.
 mark s 13 Jan 2006
In reply to Steve Ramsden:
> (In reply to mark1984) good question. I don't know but the 70kg shout is encouraging for 'heavier' climbers. Also wondering: how heavy is/was John Dunne when he did his hardest ascents? how heavy was Wolfgang Gullich at his peak?
>
> There must be a maximum weight at the cutting edge? I'd guess if you're much past 12stone you're going to be really struggling - just get injured too easily

jd was very slim.wolfgang was a short arse so he wouldnt be very heavy.
im about 12.5 stone.i couldnt loose much more weight as i look skinny now.my mate is about the same and we dont do too bad on rock.
 Ben Thorne 14 Jan 2006
In reply to mark s:

I'm utterly shocked that someone stated they were 45kg - hello?!! shouldn't you be dead?! if not, why aren't you climbing 8c?

There's no excuse for it. If you're super-light you can be piss-weak and still climb hard. Look at Dave Graham. He only needs a light wind to equal out gravity for him and he floats up stuff.
Then you've got all the European guys putting up 9a's and 9b+'s - they can't be much over 11stone when wet.

I think people like Chris Sharma, Klem Loskot, the Hubers etc are exceptions to the rule. Sharma's undeniably gifted, Loskot must be the strongest climber in the world and the Hubers, well a bit of both.

Imagine putting the muscles of a heavy but strong climber in someone who's 45kg - they'd pull the crag to the floor.

It's all about power to weight ratio, same as with cars, surely?

I'm 5'8", 14stone (196lbs, 89kg) and climb about F7a on a good day. Admittedly I am a fat bastard these days.
I was climbing 7a+, pushing 7b when I was at my lightest, which was about 12stone, so I'm not far off at over 2stone heavier (I'd say 75% flab, 25% muscle).
I think I could get back there without going under 13stone now as my muscles have had to get stronger to pull my weight up things. Even climbing a 6a takes an immense ammount of strength and energy!
monkey22 15 Jan 2006
In reply to Ben Thorne: They do not look that fit to me; the second guy is(Toni)a monster and right up there with those you mentioned.

http://udini.com/Galleries/lifestyle/pages/klem&toni.htm
bucski 16 Jan 2006
In reply to mark1984:

Everyone here talking about their weight, surely we should be stating body fat which far more accurately conveys potential power to weight ratio.

Mine is about 13% but i'm 6'1'' and biggish build so just over 12 stone, but would have a hard time getting weight down much more.

What are other peoples fat contents? I measured mine using our bathroom scales but you can buy lcd devices that will measure body fat for £5 or so.
monkey22 16 Jan 2006
In reply to bucski: About 5´11´´ 165lbs and 8.4% body fat as of a month ago. However, I am sure it is less now but only got it down at a club because it was required. Agree that body fat/composition makes more of a difference.
 Jus 16 Jan 2006
In reply to bucski:

I'm 6'1", and I ballooned from 68 to 75 when I broke my feet and ate loads of pies and drank too much beer. That sucked (not the pie eating of course).

I shed it real quick when I started calorie counting. I'm very happy now back to a lithe 68kg.
 Ally Smith 16 Jan 2006
In reply to Jus: Well, i'm a skinny bugger, 6'1" and 78kg. SO you just be positively anorexic!
 Jus 16 Jan 2006
In reply to ally smith:

Hardly! I'm healthier than ever!

When I was 76kg I had a rather large belly.
FredMead 16 Jan 2006
In reply to ally smith:

Oi, I'm 6 one and 68kg ... oh yeah, guess I am too lanky ... hence the large pile of pasties in the fridge.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...