UKC

Conville course in the Alps

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 54ms 25 Jan 2006
I've just got back from doing a Conville course in Scotland then topped it of the next day by doing my first climb on Aonach Mor and have now been bitten by the winter bug. Is anybody thinking about doing one of their courses in the Alps in summer?

For those that don't know about them they are an introduction to Alpine Mountaineering, which run for 3 days and cost around £100 excluding flights and transport. The application forms come out in March. I was thinking about making a bit of a trip of it as it will be my first time climbing outside the country. Rather then flying was thinking of driving so could take a few days over it and stop at places like Font, then spending some time when the course had finished doing whatever I can think I can achieve. Also means no baggage allowance and can take lots of camping stuff.

Will anybody else be doing a course and looking for people to climb with afterwards or fancy a bit of road trip and splitting the cost of fuel?
 Boogs 25 Jan 2006
In reply to Duncan_S:

Hello Duncan I was thinking of doing a climbing course (not sure which yet) in the summer ! I have a few friends who are living French Alps (Tignes) at moment & few friends will be working summer there running Mtbiking workshops/course etc (which could be usefull),they will be driving over in a few vans .

I was thinking of maybe doing Via ferrata myself but intro to Alpine Mountaineering would be amazing too ! I'm having an have an operation (march 3rd) & hope to be fully recovered by begining of June ! I understand totally if this is too late a date,I am still pretty active at mo eg plenty of hiking,scrambling & light bouldering! even if I cant do the climbing course I would be up for the trip !

Btw I have SPA & I R A T A Level 1 & hope to do a Multi pitch course towards end of year & sports wise have lead 6 a outdoors (Limestone) , no worries if you dont think I'd be suitable Duncan have a wicked time if / when you do it ! ( I will be putting some photo,s/profile up soon ) good luck ! Boogie man .
OP 54ms 25 Jan 2006
In reply to boogie man:

Set up a profile and I'll drop you an e-mail. Application forms don't come out till March and the courses run between June and August, so some time to play with. I've mostly climbed grit up to now with a little bit of multi pitch stuff in North Wales and like a bit of walking and scrambling? Where abouts are you based, if your not the other side of the country maybe we could go for a climb when the weather is a bit better.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...