UKC

Do you like your working environment?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
James Jackson 25 Jan 2006
I can't complain about mine - small company, run from company owner's house, I'm here with nice music on the stereo, my dog's asleep on my lap, and there's an Aga in the kitchen that is great for sitting in front of with a mug of tea whilst it toasts hot cross buns.

Sod working in a 'regular' office, or, indeed in a big company. Yuk, never have done it, and would never want to.
 Craig Geddes 25 Jan 2006
In reply to James Jackson: Currently working from an outsized porta-cabin. Still haven't figured out how my agency talked me into this one. Ah well - 'nuther batch of job aps goes off this week.
Clauso 25 Jan 2006
In reply to James Jackson:

Can't stand mine. Stuck in a cramped office with 6 other unfortunates. High partitions separate each desk, so we have to make like prairie dogs if we want to catch sight of each other.
 CJD 25 Jan 2006

don't much like mine - too corporate for my liking. still, it's within walking distance of home so it's not all bad.
Bingly Bong 25 Jan 2006
In reply to James Jackson: Mine is good, but the wood panelled walls are a bit much :oS

But it's a rented office and I can't do much about it...
Craig_M 25 Jan 2006

It depends whether you include colleagues (or one in particular) as part of the environment.
 Jason Kirk 25 Jan 2006

Luckily for me I work from home most days when I'm not visiting customers. The office is about 3m from my bed. I love listening to traffic reports on a Friday afternoon.
In reply to James Jackson: Yes. When working I'm either out in the hills or in my flat. I'm a lucky sod.
Bingly Bong 25 Jan 2006
In reply to James Jackson: Which reminds me James - how is Henry?

James Jackson 25 Jan 2006
In reply to Bingly Bong:

Henry is fantastic, and doing fantastically I've worked really hard on his training, and he's come on so much from the bouncy, jumping, over-excited puppy he was when I got him. The 8 miles + a day of exercise a day he gets is probably helping...

He's currently asleep on my lap and keeping me nice and warm as it's bloody freezing here today.
Chris Georg 25 Jan 2006
In reply to James Jackson: i work all over leicester, particularly the up market areas like the saffron lane estate, eyres monsell and highfields.

not only do i get to frequent such delightful areas, i have to mix with the friendly and magnetic personalities which these estates are such havens for.

oh what joy i have.
dinkypen 25 Jan 2006

Yes, my working environment is jolly fine, thank you for asking. Nice view onto the garden, kitchen donwstairs and my bed if I can't be arsed working and fancy a nap ..... working from home is the way to go
 Dave Stelmach 25 Jan 2006
In reply to James Jackson: Try working in the NHS below senior management level.
 MagnusL 25 Jan 2006

I work in a portacabin in a carpark between a container port and a waste incinerator.

Actually.. It's quite a nice portacabin, the smoke from the incinerator blows the other way, the container port is one of the most fascinating things to watch (had the biggest ship in the world in the other week), I like my job and the people I work with. If only there were some crags in Southampton! grr!
Sam M 25 Jan 2006

What can I say, I am sat behind the bar, with a great view from the window. Only bad things is sometimes I miss the company of others.

Sam
Jonny Kevlar 25 Jan 2006

I've just driven round Assynt on the west coast of Scotland on a perfect blue sky day, taken a few environmental readings and even more pictures. For lunch I had a Lochinver pie (voted best in Britian by Trail readers) and now I'm going home.
Beat that!

Kevlar

p.s. I've just driven past An Tealach, Stac Pollah, Suliven and Reiff.
 KeithW 25 Jan 2006

Can't beat Johnny Kevlar; but it's not too bad here.

Open-plan office (no cubicles!), in an old converted hospital with landscaped grounds, next to the golf course.
 Jay1403 26 Jan 2006

Hmm, Office environment, crappy job, small office shared with two very loud individuals...one who does nothing but complain and sits opposite me.

And I wonder if I am doing the right thing, about moving to Spain??
violentViolet 26 Jan 2006

I do like my working environment, we got new office furniture recently, started having meetings to actually sort out things which don't/didn't work well and the people in my office are nice and friendly. I just feel sometimes like I'm not totally fitting in, because I do have an interest in art and literature and even read for pleasure, don't really understand what makes Jordan a celebrity, and such stuff.

Today when I was spotted having the Independent in my bag, one just said "oh, you're reading a posh paper" while another said, she couldn't read it, because she'd already get lost on the first page.

While I really do like these people, it sometimes feels quite lonely.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...