UKC

Simple Sally Vs Davies Ramp at the Slipstones

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Si Witcher 05 Feb 2006
Reading the Yorks grit guide, it seems to locate Simple Sally E4 6c on the same buttress as Davies Ramp E2 6a (the arete and wall left of Cipher). Am I right in thinking that these two lines share the same start with Simple Sally then pulling out horizontally right and then climbing up the middle of the wall?

Ta,
SW
 Chris Fryer 06 Feb 2006
In reply to switch: http://www.yorkshiregrit.com/slipstones.html?show=all&set=1#sthearch

look at the probs listed, and the little topo diagram in the top right. SS is no 3, not 2 as per the list.
 Adam Long 06 Feb 2006
In reply to switch:

I have always taken simple sally to be the line you describe - traversing the block midhsight from davies ramp to finish on the same holds as cypher (small pocket 2-3ft left of the arete) which is how it is described (confusingly) in the yorks guide.

I can't see the line as described on that website being feasible...?
 Tom Briggs 07 Feb 2006
In reply to Adam L:

Hmm. I did one of these the other week.

I reckon Simple Sally is up off the two crimps (no arete) to the good edge, reach out right for the obvious crimpy edge (only good for one hand), then straight up. This seemed about Font 7a+ to me. The match on that not-as-good-as-you'd-like edge and out to the finishing holds of Cypher is Holeshot I guess (pretty contrived really and must start as for Simple Sally surely?). Anniemutt direct from the ground seems very unlikely, unless you pull on the foothold of Holeshot. Basically, I reckon there's 3 decent 'lines' on here - Davies' Ramp, Simple Sally and Cypher.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...