UKC

High Performance

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 centurion05 09 Feb 2006
Just wondering why the route High Performance is so prolific. the crag is easily accessibly and well known. does this make it so popular? it looks like a great line and powerful moves. I haven't done the route but will hopefully soon.

cheers

Centurion05
Yorkspud 09 Feb 2006
In reply to centurion05:

High Performance Threshwaite Cove?
 Tom Briggs 09 Feb 2006
In reply to centurion05:

It got cleaned up a couple of years ago, is a better line than Liquid Engineering, is relatively well-protected and has a lower off?
 Graham Hoey 09 Feb 2006
In reply to Tom, UKC News Editor:

I hope you mean the one at the top of the crag and not the one 1/2 way up! The top pitch was cleaned last year and is well worth doing, 5c not 6a and good enough gear.
Graham
p.s. did you do the 2nd pitch of Liquid Engineering? - we wimped out.
 billy.granty 09 Feb 2006
In reply to Yorkspud: does the crag have any easier routes because theres some pretty brutal bouldering beneath it with hard, exposed scrambling above but the face has always scared me shi*less.
 Graham Hoey 09 Feb 2006
In reply to billy.granty:
A dirty and serious looking HVS and an excellent E2. After that its all E3s,4s,5s and an E6 in the guide. A superb collection of 3 star routes, although a couple are/were getting a bit dirty. Lower-offs at the top enable you to clean some of the routes if needed.
Graham
OP centurion05 09 Feb 2006
In reply to centurion05:

High Performance in Dunkeld, it can't be that prolific then eh?

Centurion05
In reply to centurion05: Suppose it's quite easy up to the first crack then you can place gear and reverse and rest, then go for it?

Not sure, as i've not climbed it {yet} but the moves in the groove, althought peg protected, look a bit thin and worrying.

Who knows why it's prolific, is there not a picture of it in the guide? Nice looking line though.
OP centurion05 09 Feb 2006
In reply to Alasdair Fulton:
just out of all of the climbs available in Scotland, it is in the Scotish climbing calendar. it does look nice. i've climbed Coffin corner and had a wee bit of a look at it. i'll be top roping it this year and working the moves until i can lead it.

Centurion05
In reply to centurion05: Save it for the onsight...................................
 Bob 09 Feb 2006
In reply to centurion05:

What do you mean by prolific?

boB
 whispering nic 09 Feb 2006
In reply to centurion05:
Short sharp well protected crux and easily accessible, also very photogenic...there are better routes around at the grade IMHO

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...