UKC

Argos - how do they do that?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Greenbanks 15 Mar 2006
Great big fat catologue; how do they keep all those products in the store?
brothersoulshine 15 Mar 2006
In reply to Greenbanks:

they don't put them on nice display shelves.
noticus 15 Mar 2006
In reply to Greenbanks:
they don`t all the big items are home delivery
 Norrie Muir 15 Mar 2006
In reply to Greenbanks:

Dear Greenbanks

It maybe something to do with computerised stock control with next day delivery from the main warehouse.

Norrie
OP Greenbanks 15 Mar 2006
In reply to noticus:

Wonder whether the shop is worth the bother then...or is it just a tradition?
guesswhat 15 Mar 2006
well the catelouge contains everything they sell some of which are argos EXTRA, sand some argos direct. now the direct they dont hold in store and they have to be delivered to the home but have to be orderd at an argos store. the regular items without direct or extra written next to them are stocked in every store but the bigger stores are called extra stores and they supply the regular items plus the items with extra written next to them so that is how they manage it all.
 Ri 15 Mar 2006
In reply to guesswhat: someone has inside info into the workings of ARGOS! and they're telling the free world, we must worship them as A GOD (or alternatively dont)
 malk 15 Mar 2006
In reply to Greenbanks: data mining can deterimine the chav count and adjust orders accordingly
 cragspud 15 Mar 2006
In reply to Greenbanks: Given that I work for them (in Supply Chain) I would say that it is easy. Yes some of it (i.e. sofas are direct delivery) is on a longer lead time it is mainly that it is not all on pretty shelves and so our stores can hold a high density of stock tha tthe customer is not seing. That is why the guys have to run off to the back to find your item once you have ordered. e ahve also had 33 years (remember Green Shield Stamps) to work out a system to effeciently deliver the items.
 cragspud 15 Mar 2006
In reply to malk: Correct sir, we are currently working on a Burberry check sofa. Guarented best seller
OP Greenbanks 15 Mar 2006
In reply to cragspud:

Judging by tonights service, chav or no chav, they've really got it sorted.
 CT 15 Mar 2006
In reply to Greenbanks: think they kep the shops for tradition, theres still many out there who prefere to deal with a person.
newtosussex 16 Mar 2006
In reply to Greenbanks:

There's a broom cupboard out back with a wormhole to the Alpha-Centauri Distribution Centre...

That's what Tyler told me anyway
 darren-surrey 16 Mar 2006
In reply to CT:
> (In reply to Greenbanks) think they kep the shops for tradition, theres still many out there who still like to queue, what with queueing being a great British tradition

mind you, if you're buying something costing £10 you don't want to spend £5 on the P&P they charge...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...